Today is the day more Infuse owners jump in on the fun. Opinions new Androidites!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I put it this way. Even with the Dell Streaks (Which I loved) size, I still would rock out at places with that. And people would come up to me and say what is that? Is that like a little computer? and even talking on it wasnt that awkward. If companies make it for its purpose, then Im gonna take advantage of it. Haveing a big device like this is "presidential". Pull it out and the others think your real important. lol

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I haven't even used it for voice calling yet but I must say I love my Infuse. It's so pretty and thin and ahh I love the speed and everything. :) It's among my new tech babies. I call all my electronics my babies lol

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure anyone owning the phone will eventually get used to the size of the phone, but at first look, it seems really big. The EVO looked big to me at first, but the Infuse looks a lot bigger. It seems like an awesome device, but I'm wondering how much bigger these phones are going to get.

well the infuse is only .2" bigger than the Evo Screenwise but def appears more monolithic, i doubt they will go over 4.5" in fact 4.5 is more of a niche size to me i love my infuse don't get me wrong. But the 4/4.3 mark is def. the sweet spot this is fun for media but i cannot see them doing too many phones this size, because we are getting too close to the tablets. Although the Dell Streak (5" screen) is a phone so there no telling.

LPPanther

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, new member here. Just picked up the Infuse, switching from an iPhone 3GS. Been an iOS fanboy for years but finally decided to check out Android and I'm loving it so far! Anything I should know about Android? Apps, tweaks? I was a jailbreaker on iOS so I love making the phone my own.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
well the infuse is only .2" bigger than the Evo Screenwise but def appears more monolithic, i doubt they will go over 4.5" in fact 4.5 is more of a niche size to me i love my infuse don't get me wrong. But the 4/4.3 mark is def. the sweet spot this is fun for media but i cannot see them doing too many phones this size, because we are getting too close to the tablets. Although the Dell Streak (5" screen) is a phone so there no telling.

Although you may very well end up being right, I think that 4.5" will end up being the sweet spot... but time will tell. I know for me, it definitely is the sweet spot. I love my phone - how it looks, performs, feels in hand, and feels pressed to the side of my head! :eek:

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Although you may very well end up being right, I think that 4.5" will end up being the sweet spot... but time will tell. I know for me, it definitely is the sweet spot. I love my phone - how it looks, performs, feels in hand, and feels pressed to the side of my head! :eek:

yea its a great size for a lot of things so we shall see what the future holds lol

newportrocco

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Switched from an Inspire, had it for a couple weeks, and prior to that, I've been a dedicated iPhone user (Had all of them up to the iPhone 4). I cannot picture myself going back to iOS. I'm LOVING the Infuse. The screen is awesome. I'm even forcing myself to learn Swype. So far, it's been really accurate and easy. Battery is SOOOO much better than the Inspire. I got the screen protector for it (Moshi), but I think I'm going to take it off. It dulls the screen down.

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Switched from an Inspire, had it for a couple weeks, and prior to that, I've been a dedicated iPhone user (Had all of them up to the iPhone 4). I cannot picture myself going back to iOS. I'm LOVING the Infuse. The screen is awesome. I'm even forcing myself to learn Swype. So far, it's been really accurate and easy. Battery is SOOOO much better than the Inspire. I got the screen protector for it (Moshi), but I think I'm going to take it off. It dulls the screen down.

It's got Gorilla Glass, so I'd skip the screen protector and enjoy that beautiful display.

nathanxlikexwhoa

May 20, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, so im posting this response from my new infuse :D

So far im lovin it, the size is bigger than I'm used to (coming from a Samsung Eternity), but I have no complaints about it whatsoever. And this phone is blazing fast compared to my old eternity. Im still trying to get used to the keyboard, but it shouldnt take to long. I'm doing the trial of SwiftKey to see it it's something I want to use as my keyboard.

I do feel like I got jipped at the att store though. So the salesman told me if I bought a casemate pop ($35) plus a moshi screen protector ($25) he'd throw in a 2 gb external micro sd card ($25) for free and also waive the activation fee. The case I love, but the screen protector seemed a bit steep, but he did explain its bubble free and can be washed and reused. Anyways I guess I shouldve done my hw, cause the phone comes with tons of internal memory, and apparently the gorilla glass is scratch proof? The only time I notice a screen protector is on it, is when I'm at a white screen, other than that I don't really notice

So overall with the phone, case, screen protector, micro sd card (free), insurance ($10), nearly 10% sales tax all came up to $319. How much was your guys totals?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
lol. I started this thread, yet my post is 4 posts down? How did that happen? And how did it get stickied like that? lol

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, so im posting this response from my new infuse :D

So far im lovin it, the size is bigger than I'm used to (coming from a Samsung Eternity), but I have no complaints about it whatsoever. And this phone is blazing fast compared to my old eternity. Im still trying to get used to the keyboard, but it shouldnt take to long. I'm doing the trial of SwiftKey to see it it's something I want to use as my keyboard.

I do feel like I got jipped at the att store though. So the salesman told me if I bought a casemate pop ($35) plus a moshi screen protector ($25) he'd throw in a 2 gb external micro sd card ($25) for free and also waive the activation fee. The case I love, but the screen protector seemed a bit steep, but he did explain its bubble free and can be washed and reused. Anyways I guess I shouldve done my hw, cause the phone comes with tons of internal memory, and apparently the gorilla glass is scratch proof? The only time I notice a screen protector is on it, is when I'm at a white screen, other than that I don't really notice

So overall with the phone, case, screen protector, micro sd card (free), insurance ($10), nearly 10% sales tax all came up to $319. How much was your guys totals?

You didn't get jipped with the screen protector, you got jipped with the micro sd 2gb card. That comes with the phone automatically. ATT is running a promotion, buy 2 accessories get one for free. The screen protector is needed even if it's glass, because it can still get very fine scratches and fingerprints suck. Anyways, I got the phone, the moshi screen protector that you purchased, an extra charger and the body glove case and it totalled to 310. I also purchased the insurance as well but that is charged on the bill.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Had the inpsire and switched to the infuse. Hands down an overall better phone in every aspect. I can actually get a full days of moderate use approx. 13 hours now on one charge versus my 7 hour charge on my inspire lol. I love this phone and no one can touch the super amoled plus screen. It is beautiful!

JBoogie#AC

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my Infuse a few weeks ago. Im new too Android but the transition from Iphone has been OK for me After seeing my Infuse a few friends ran out to get their own. The only thing i don't like about this phone is that its on AT&T. :)

Last edited:

Samuri65

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Another old iphone user here... came from the 3GS, and loving every bit of this new phone.
I'm so glad I made the swap. Have no desire to go back.

And love this site too... has been great help helping me find what I need for this phone.

..AWESOME!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox