Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Today is the day more Infuse owners jump in on the fun. Opinions new Androidites!

I own all these phones...Keep swapping sim card and think I'm finally settling on the samsung infuse.
    I have rooted..cooked Roms and jailbroken all of these but now will sell the rest and keep the infuse.
    It's faster, bigger, brighter then all the rest and in sunlight works well. I love certain parts of all these phones but feel infuse brings them all together.

Cool

I am thinking about getting this phone, the Atrix, or the Galaxy S2 when my upgrade comes in July. No matter which I get I plan on using LauncherPro on the device. I would most certainly get this phone if it was dual-core. But Samsung just couldn't go all the way.

I wouldn't use launcher pro on sgII.... the touchwiz UI seems so polished there this would be one of the reasons for me to get the phone...
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Today is the day more Infuse owners jump in on the fun. Opinions new Androidites!

Today a lot of people will recieve there Infuses through the Mail. Or Will hit the store and purchase one. Lets welcome in new users and get some feedback on our new friends and welcome them. Tell us your opinions, your initial reaction and thoughts. Sound off!!
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by:
    zhelf 

Mine was out for delivery at 7:03 this morning. Hope to pick it up at lunch, but may be after work this evening. Gonna be interested to see how it compares to my HD2 running Android.
    Thanked by:
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yea hopefully a lot of people ordered them and will get them today or tomorrow

Welcome to all!
    Windows Phone:Lumia 920
    Android: Nexus 4
    iOS: iPhone 5
    Thanked by:
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zhelf View Post
    yea hopefully a lot of people ordered them and will get them today or tomorrow

Welcome to all!
    You got a Xoom to? Well welcome partner!
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yea it was a busy weekend for me, me and the wife were out to dinner friday ive been wanting to check the xoom out for a while so i stopped in a staples and picked one up. Its a great device way better than her ipad. Then sunday i picked up the infuse and sold my nexus S and atrix.

Im debating whether i am going to keep it or return and wait for the samsung galaxy tab, not like i have much need for a tab anyways with a smartphone and a macbook pro but whatever lol.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Quote Originally Posted by HushH View Post
    Mine was out for delivery at 7:03 this morning. Hope to pick it up at lunch, but may be after work this evening. Gonna be interested to see how it compares to my HD2 running Android.
    Mine is out for delivery, as well! Leaving work early to get some quality time in this evening with my new device. LOL!

I am coming from a Samsung Eternity, so it's gonna be a "whoooole new wooooooorld" for me. Very excited, and very pleased with this community here on AndoidCentral. Lotta good peeps apparently, and with a lot more Android experience than me!
    Thanked by:

I have had my infuse for two days now and I have several other smart phones also. The screen on the infuse just plain rocks I view alot of pics and media on the phone and this is the best screen I have used. I can't even think of going back to a 3.5" screen and even a 4" seems small now.
    Thanked by:
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reefrunway View Post
    Mine is out for delivery, as well! Leaving work early to get some quality time in this evening with my new device. LOL!

I am coming from a Samsung Eternity, so it's gonna be a "whoooole new wooooooorld" for me. Very excited, and very pleased with this community here on AndoidCentral. Lotta good peeps apparently, and with a lot more Android experience than me!
    Welcome to the infuse! i don't know what the weather is like by you but here its been a rainy cold day perfect day to spend inside with a new piece of tech
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Welcome to the infuse! i don't know what the weather is like by you but here its been a rainy cold day perfect day to spend inside with a new piece of tech
    Thank you!

I'm in Hawaii, so it's usually pretty nice, as it is today but I have been waiting for the opportunity to get an Android device for a long time... so, to compromise, I'll ease into a lawn chair on my lanai (balcony) and get going! LOL!
    justg58 likes this.

Thank you!

I'm in Hawaii, so it's usually pretty nice, as it is today but I have been waiting for the opportunity to get an Android device for a long time... so, to compromise, I'll ease into a lawn chair on my lanai (balcony) and get going! LOL!
    Sounds rough man. Don't overdo it now.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

So its 5pm and Im thinking some people got it and are probably messing with it. I know they had to be deliverd by now lol
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lucky! its going to rain the next 3 days here lol.

Yea they are all too busy playing with the devices we will see a flood later tonight or tomorrow when people who are new to android run into issues or have questions other than that everyone will be too busy playing with this sweet device lol.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Talking

JUST GOT IT and just activated it!!! I'm gonna let it charge it for a bit and then start playing around. It is such a beautiful device... love it! Feels great in my hand and the display is to die for.

OK, I'll save my other thoughts to share once I actually get past looking at the battery glowing on the screen, LOL!

LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by code1 View Post
    I have had my infuse for two days now and I have several other smart phones also. The screen on the infuse just plain rocks I view alot of pics and media on the phone and this is the best screen I have used. I can't even think of going back to a 3.5" screen and even a 4" seems small now.
    I just played with one at the AT&T store. I will admit it was a nice phone, but it seemed huge. I don't know if I could have a phone that big. I liked watching videos on it, I could imagine that the gaming is great on it, but it's borderline goofy big.

My 3.5 inch phone feels like a toy after using the infuse for a day...

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I just played with one at the AT&T store. I will admit it was a nice phone, but it seemed huge. I don't know if I could have a phone that big. I liked watching videos on it, I could imagine that the gaming is great on it, but it's borderline goofy big.
    As they say, "to each, his own" ... and size was my main concern as well. Having said that, and now having the phone at home, in the pocket, playing with it in traffic , etc., I can say that (for me, at least) the size is an asset not a detracting/goofy element. As I posted in another thread, I believe that 4.5" screens will be become the new normal (the new 4.0 and 4.3, if you will). I could be wrong, but I think we are already seeing evidence of that - Hercules, and the new (leaked) HTC phone.

But again, it does come down to personal preference. I was at first skeptical and intimidated by the size, but I LOVE my new Infuse 4G.

As they say, "to each, his own" ... and size was my main concern as well. Having said that, and now having the phone at home, in the pocket, playing with it in traffic , etc., I can say that (for me, at least) the size is an asset not a detracting/goofy element. As I posted in another thread, I believe that 4.5" screens will be become the new normal (the new 4.0 and 4.3, if you will). I could be wrong, but I think we are already seeing evidence of that - Hercules, and the new (leaked) HTC phone.

But again, it does come down to personal preference. I was at first skeptical and intimidated by the size, but I LOVE my new Infuse 4G.
    I'm sure anyone owning the phone will eventually get used to the size of the phone, but at first look, it seems really big. The EVO looked big to me at first, but the Infuse looks a lot bigger. It seems like an awesome device, but I'm wondering how much bigger these phones are going to get.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I put it this way. Even with the Dell Streaks (Which I loved) size, I still would rock out at places with that. And people would come up to me and say what is that? Is that like a little computer? and even talking on it wasnt that awkward. If companies make it for its purpose, then Im gonna take advantage of it. Haveing a big device like this is "presidential". Pull it out and the others think your real important. lol

LOL, I haven't even used it for voice calling yet but I must say I love my Infuse. It's so pretty and thin and ahh I love the speed and everything. It's among my new tech babies. I call all my electronics my babies lol
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I'm sure anyone owning the phone will eventually get used to the size of the phone, but at first look, it seems really big. The EVO looked big to me at first, but the Infuse looks a lot bigger. It seems like an awesome device, but I'm wondering how much bigger these phones are going to get.
    well the infuse is only .2" bigger than the Evo Screenwise but def appears more monolithic, i doubt they will go over 4.5" in fact 4.5 is more of a niche size to me i love my infuse don't get me wrong. But the 4/4.3 mark is def. the sweet spot this is fun for media but i cannot see them doing too many phones this size, because we are getting too close to the tablets. Although the Dell Streak (5" screen) is a phone so there no telling.

Hey there, new member here. Just picked up the Infuse, switching from an iPhone 3GS. Been an iOS fanboy for years but finally decided to check out Android and I'm loving it so far! Anything I should know about Android? Apps, tweaks? I was a jailbreaker on iOS so I love making the phone my own.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

well the infuse is only .2" bigger than the Evo Screenwise but def appears more monolithic, i doubt they will go over 4.5" in fact 4.5 is more of a niche size to me i love my infuse don't get me wrong. But the 4/4.3 mark is def. the sweet spot this is fun for media but i cannot see them doing too many phones this size, because we are getting too close to the tablets. Although the Dell Streak (5" screen) is a phone so there no telling.
    Although you may very well end up being right, I think that 4.5" will end up being the sweet spot... but time will tell. I know for me, it definitely is the sweet spot. I love my phone - how it looks, performs, feels in hand, and feels pressed to the side of my head!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast