1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Default Facebook Calendar Woes

I can not get Facebook birthdays to sync on my infuse no matter what I try. The samsung provision one offers calendar, but it doesn't sync. The Facebook from the Market, doesn't sync with my "My Calendar". Anyone having this problem? My wife's Infuse seems fine.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

go into calendars->menu->calendars and make sure there is a spot for your facebook account and that the box is checked, and also make sure in the accounts and also that in settings->accounts and sync->facebook that it is set to sync.
    Windows Phone:Lumia 920
    Android: Nexus 4
    iOS: iPhone 5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Yes I did this, I never get the facebook option in select calendars. My wife has this in her Infuse.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

try deleting the facebook app and reinstalling and setup the sync again especially if it is showing in your wife's
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Yes I did all this like 20 times already. I am going to have to factory reset.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rldev View Post
    Yes I did all this like 20 times already. I am going to have to factory reset.
    before you try factory reset did you try clearing your calendar cache? settings->applications-> all-> calendar then clear data or clear cache id try that before resetting.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Unfortunately, no luck.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Even after a factory reset, there is no option to sync the facebook calendar under calendar select. Sync Calendar is checked under Accounts> Facebook. I am at a loss.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

unfortunately i dont use facebook much so i can only help you on the device side, but is there possibly some setting in the facebook app or on facebook's site?

if it wasn't for your wife's device having the feature i would almost say maybe it is not possible but since hers has it it seems mot likely that a setting is unchecked somewhere within facebook itself and not the device.

Did you set up your facebook account through the prompts in the beginning or manually? I doubt it would make a difference but sometimes it might.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I don't believe there is a relation to the facebook site. I had this working on my Epic just a few days ago.

Default Birthdays syncing without calender sync selected

I don't have Sync Calender selected on the "built-in" infuse facebook social updates, but I do have Sync Contacts selected. When I join contact and get friends from facebook the birthdays show up on the contact. I don't have any special settings changed on facebook's website. On another note sometimes when I "get friends" from facebook to my phone to join I get a force close with an android.acore as the cause, has anyone received that error?