Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What are some good apps for the Infuse

    This is my first android phone and I would like to know what are some really must have apps out there that I should put on my Infuse.

    Please give me your thoughts.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    724 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    my go to apps:
    Launcher Pro Plus
    Beautiful widgets
    amazon app store
    widget locker

    Other crucial apps for me:
    verizon dvr app
    engadget
    g4
    twitter
    ES file explorer
    dropbox
    google goggles
    google translate
    google music(just got my beta invite!)
    chrome to phone
    hbo go
    Flixster
    Onion news network
    cnn
    the weather channel
    VEVO
    snesoid
    nesoid
    revision 3

    These are just my primarys i have many more
    Android: Moto X (2014), Galaxy Note 3, Lg G3
    iOS: iPhone 6 64 gb
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    thanks for your app list I will go check them out. if you think of more let me know.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhelf View Post
    my go to apps:
    Launcher Pro Plus
    Beautiful widgets
    amazon app store
    widget locker

    Other crucial apps for me:
    verizon dvr app
    engadget
    g4
    twitter
    ES file explorer
    dropbox
    google goggles
    google translate
    google music(just got my beta invite!)
    chrome to phone
    hbo go
    Flixster
    Onion news network
    cnn
    the weather channel
    VEVO
    snesoid
    nesoid
    revision 3

    These are just my primarys i have many more
    What are the benefits of LauncherPro over normal Android + TouchWiz?
  5. #5  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    724 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    well launcher pro or adw are home replacements and for people like me who hate touchwiz, blur, sense, launcher pro and adw let you customize your homescreen i just launcher pro to set up a stock froyo dock and keep my phone looking vanilla until the roms come.

    There only real benefits i think of home replacement apps are for when you do not like the skin provided, because you can find the widget and what not else where. so if you like touchwiz then don't worry about it.

    The things i like most: vanilla look, ability to hide apps(such as bloatware but it only hides not freezes) and the total removal of most of the touchwiz look. but android is the OS launcherpro is an app that runs on it. So its really touchwiz vs. launcher pro as every one of these devices run android but it is a skinned version. compared to the nexus s/nexus one/ and other devices that run unskinned vanilla versions of android.


    AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT USE A TASK KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they suck and hurt more than help. i have been using android phones since the mytouch 3g and never used a task killer and android has hit the point where it manages resources very well!
    Android: Moto X (2014), Galaxy Note 3, Lg G3
    iOS: iPhone 6 64 gb
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
  6. #6  

    Default

    Thanks for the rundown. Coming from iOS, I find TouchWiz to be very comfortable. With that said, I think I'll be flashing CM7 on it as soon as it's available.
  7. #7  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    724 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jklitten View Post
    Thanks for the rundown. Coming from iOS, I find TouchWiz to be very comfortable. With that said, I think I'll be flashing CM7 on it as soon as it's available.
    well that is what samsung's original plan was as you see yourself it has a very ios vibe so it could lure iphone users but unfortunately thats sort of why i hate it as i like ios but if im using android i dont want it to look like ios and vice versa.
    Android: Moto X (2014), Galaxy Note 3, Lg G3
    iOS: iPhone 6 64 gb
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
  8. #8  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jklitten View Post
    Thanks for the rundown. Coming from iOS, I find TouchWiz to be very comfortable. With that said, I think I'll be flashing CM7 on it as soon as it's available.
    If your new to Android, I would read up on flashing, rooting and modifying your phone first before you do that. Just so your comfortable with the process. But seriously, ADW and Launcher Pro are good Launchers. Give them a shot first and mess around with them before you go crazy flashing different ROMS there little Androidite And welcome aboard! Always good to have an iphone user switch over and finally realize what was better the whole time!
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  9. #9  

    Default

    For business I use:
    Evernote (notepad style app that auto syncs between everything you have with internet access)
    Logmein (remote desktop style app, best around)
    TimeClock (service hours entry)
    Personal:
    Pandora (paid, awesome)
    Facebook
    Twitter
    3d Weather Widget
    MyFitnessPal (calorie and weight tracker, and syncs with PC)
    At Bat 11
    Still waiting for Netflix
  10. #10  
  11. #11  

    Default Not using an Infuse, but...

    Here's the list of apps I have installed on my Nexus One:

    cmunic8r99's Apps on the phone - Page 1

    Come to think of it, I think I should probably clean that up a bit.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    If your new to Android, I would read up on flashing, rooting and modifying your phone first before you do that. Just so your comfortable with the process. But seriously, ADW and Launcher Pro are good Launchers. Give them a shot first and mess around with them before you go crazy flashing different ROMS there little Androidite And welcome aboard! Always good to have an iphone user switch over and finally realize what was better the whole time!
    Thanks! I've been reading about rooting (already did that) and flashing roms for a few weeks now. I'll definitely need to keep educating myself before I pull the trigger, though. I wonder how long it will take for a custom ROM for the Infuse to be released, anyway.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jklitten View Post
    Thanks! I've been reading about rooting (already did that) and flashing roms for a few weeks now. I'll definitely need to keep educating myself before I pull the trigger, though. I wonder how long it will take for a custom ROM for the Infuse to be released, anyway.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Well the phone just came out, but it wont be long before they start to appear. Im actually gonna be working on researching for some information and have a thread dedicated to custom roms, tips and tricks.

    But on my must have App List for any Android phone, here is mine:

    Beautiful Widgets (Paid Version)
    Bank Of Ameria App
    Gmail
    Pocket Auctions (ebay)
    Craigslist Notifica (Craigslist App)
    Paypal
    4shared (worth it now that we can install apks outside of the market)
    Apps Organizer (creates custom shortcuts on your homescreen, to specialized apps in there own catagory)
    Google Docs
    Google Reader
    Google Blogger
    Endomondo (Work out app that tracks your distance and calories while doing various work outs)
    Google Music
    myAT&T
    PageOnce Pro
    NightStand BOLD
    Package Buddy Pro
    Pool Break Pro
    Qik Video
    Quick Agenda
    Quick Office
    Sync SMS (to sync my SMS messages with my Xoom when Im on it)
    Tapatalk Paid app
    Tune In Radio
    Facebook And Twitter

    Those are normally the big wigs that I install on any android device I own.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  14. #14  
    reefrunway's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by zhelf View Post
    my go to apps:
    Launcher Pro Plus
    Beautiful widgets
    amazon app store
    widget locker

    Other crucial apps for me:
    verizon dvr app
    engadget
    g4
    twitter
    ES file explorer
    dropbox
    google goggles
    google translate
    google music(just got my beta invite!)
    chrome to phone
    hbo go
    Flixster
    Onion news network
    cnn
    the weather channel
    VEVO
    snesoid
    nesoid
    revision 3

    These are just my primarys i have many more
    Got Widget Locker up and running last night. LOVE IT! I hated the stock unlock (and the fact that you could ONLY press the power button to unlock the phone). Have Gmail as one of my apps on a slider and I love the instant accessibility. Thanks for the recommendation -- definitely an app I'm OK with paying for!
  15. #15  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    724 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reefrunway View Post
    Got Widget Locker up and running last night. LOVE IT! I hated the stock unlock (and the fact that you could ONLY press the power button to unlock the phone). Have Gmail as one of my apps on a slider and I love the instant accessibility. Thanks for the recommendation -- definitely an app I'm OK with paying for!
    yea its a must have for me now that android phones can run it without lagging. Glad you like it!
    Android: Moto X (2014), Galaxy Note 3, Lg G3
    iOS: iPhone 6 64 gb
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
  16. #16  

    Default

    Seems Like Widget Locker destroys my battery life big time. Anyone else notice this?
  17. #17  
    dbesset's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

    Default

    If your missing your ***** lites (SMS indicator lite ) try NOLED it works good
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post

    But on my must have App List for any Android phone, here is mine:

    Google Music
    Hi, Terrigno. Did you get Google Music to work? I got my home library uploaded, but when I go to Music on the Infuse, it says the library is empty. I get the feeling the app is associating with another Google account, but I cannot check that. When I press the Menu button, the only options I get are Shuffle and Search. Any ideas?
    Egdio
    Austin, TX
  19. #19  

    Default Re: What are some good apps for the Infuse

    It's sad to see that this thread hasn't been updated with a recent reply. I love reading stuff like this. The last post was on 6/11. even though there is already a thread devoted to this subject (this one), I may start a new one and see what apps people are using now.

Posting Permissions