Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change Your Lock Screen Wallpaper

I was reading about an App that lets you change your Lock Screen wallpaper and have different wallpaper on your Home Screen, but I was messing with the Infuse last night and there is actually a setting that will allow you to have a different Lock Screen wallpaper then the Home Screen.
    It only works with a Gallery picture, hold down the picture and then hit More, then Set As Lock Screen wallpaper.
    Kinda cool since no other Android phone has this.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I too have noticed this. Its pretty cool actually.

sent via Samsung Infuse 4G using Tapatalk
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

ROM
    EMANCIPATION

I've noticed that the ability to see a lock screen wallpaper no longer works for me. I've gone through both the settings (settings-->display-->wallpapers-->lock screen wallpaper) as well as through the gallery of images. No matter what image I select, it doesn't appear when the lock screen displays.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lavman72 View Post
    I've noticed that the ability to see a lock screen wallpaper no longer works for me. I've gone through both the settings (settings-->display-->wallpapers-->lock screen wallpaper) as well as through the gallery of images. No matter what image I select, it doesn't appear when the lock screen displays.
    Did you set a ROM on your phone or is it still stock ROM/Kernal? That could be the reason why.

ROM
    Stock

Actually, I just tried doing this on my phone, and I have the option to set a lock screen wallpaper, but then when I do, it doesnt show. Anyone else have this issue?

Doesn't work for me, stock rom and everything. I actually tried this the day I got the phone.

ROM
    Stock

Hopefully this gets fixed. It's a cool feature but it doesn't work!

Sent from my Infuse.

ROM
    EMANCIPATION

Quote Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
    Did you set a ROM on your phone or is it still stock ROM/Kernal? That could be the reason why.
    I am using the stock ROM as well.

Just tried and works perfect, went to gallery, selected photo (check mark photo), clicked more, clicked set as and then selected Lock Screen......Thanks never knew this option was there
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Works too! Awesome! Make sure you don't actually click on a picture and them go through the options. Just select edit out whatever when you see all your pictures then clock the check mark box then more and set as...

Sent from da infuse mon!

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

doesnt work for me. Even when i try to change my background the picture is too blown up.
    Professional

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: Change Your Lock Screen Wallpaper

Works perfectly for me.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jdauria View Post
    doesnt work for me. Even when i try to change my background the picture is too blown up.
    Yeah, changing the backgroud picture on most android phones sucks. You need an app that divides each screen to its own full size immage instead of getting the small restraints android phones give you, which is then spread throughout all your home screens.

ROM
    EMANCIPATION

I may have figured out why it works for some folks, and doesn't for others. I was speaking with someone about the screen security features within the Android platform (Pattern vs Password vs None). I have been using the traceable Pattern security feature since having received my Infuse 4G. With that setting, the lock screen wallpaper never worked. However, when I changed it to None, the lock screen wallpaper worked. I could actually see the picture I had selected when swiping the screen to unlock it. It doesn't resolve the issue, but may explain why it works for some folks and not for others.

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

aha. I use traceable pattern lock, love it. Hopefully someone fixes this some day.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
    Yeah, changing the backgroud picture on most android phones sucks. You need an app that divides each screen to its own full size immage instead of getting the small restraints android phones give you, which is then spread throughout all your home screens.
    a little ridiculous i need ANOTHER app to use different wallpapers...sigh

ROM
    Stock

a little ridiculous i need ANOTHER app to use different wallpapers...sigh
    I hear ya. I had an app that worked well on my Nexus 1 but it took up a bunch of space so I just got rid of it.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

i love my infuse but having to add an "app" for everything is crazy.

ROM
    Stock

i love my infuse but having to add an "app" for everything is crazy.
    Did you have an Android before this phone? Apps are android lol

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Actually I've noticed on this phone that if you set wallpaper when you crop it if you look just below the picture it has an option where you can click to make it wide for all screens or narrow to fit one screen. I bet the narrow option will make so it doesn't change when you slide screens.

Sent from da infuse mon!

Quote Originally Posted by cacattack View Post
    Just tried and works perfect, went to gallery, selected photo (check mark photo), clicked more, clicked set as and then selected Lock Screen......Thanks never knew this option was there
    I did this on my Exhibit 4g and it worked fine but slightly different. It's running Gingerbread, maybe that's why. Anyway, select the pic and hit "More" and then "Set As". That's the only place so far that I've been given the option to change the lock screen.