Switched from Iphone4 - Atrix - Infuse Finally found right phone!

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love my Infuse. Samsung nailed this thing. Huge screen, beautiful display. I thought there would be a speed difference between the Atrix and the Infuse... Not at all.

If you like the idea of the Atrix but want a bigger screen, go Infuse all day.

:cool:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Dont get me wrong. The Atrix was a great device. Especially a really sweet device if your switching to Android from Iphone. But there where its problems, just like any device has. For me, typing on it was more of a task then a pleasure. I get real pleasure when Im typing on a bigger screen. Plus the Super Amoled + is really really sweet. The Atrix was sweet though. Id say if the Atrix has the same screen the Infuse has, I wouldve stuck with it. But for me, the dual core processor was burning my hands up. I have never felt that much heat before with any phone Ive ever owned. But the quality of the phone was on par. Really really nice. I wouldnt count Motorola out with there Android Phones nowadays. They make sweet stuff. I own the Wifi Xoom myself and dont see me getting rid of that.

But the slim design, light weight, huge screen and steller camera performance on the Infuse makes it a serious beast. Now I herd something about an Infuse 4G LTE. Thats really gonna upset me when that drops because Im gonna have to own that one to.

khilsmie

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Dont get me wrong. The Atrix was a great device. Especially a really sweet device if your switching to Android from Iphone. But there where its problems, just like any device has. For me, typing on it was more of a task then a pleasure. I get real pleasure when Im typing on a bigger screen. Plus the Super Amoled + is really really sweet. The Atrix was sweet though. Id say if the Atrix has the same screen the Infuse has, I wouldve stuck with it. But for me, the dual core processor was burning my hands up. I have never felt that much heat before with any phone Ive ever owned. But the quality of the phone was on par. Really really nice. I wouldnt count Motorola out with there Android Phones nowadays. They make sweet stuff. I own the Wifi Xoom myself and dont see me getting rid of that.

But the slim design, light weight, huge screen and steller camera performance on the Infuse makes it a serious beast. Now I herd something about an Infuse 4G LTE. Thats really gonna upset me when that drops because Im gonna have to own that one to.
I couldn't agree more about the typing and the burning hands! I ditched my Blackberry 9700 for the Atrix last weekend but it's going back tomorrow for the Infuse.

I knew sacrificing my Blackberry's keyboard would be a challenge, but I didn't think it would be both frustrating and painful. The Atrix is my first Android device and I know I could change the keyboard with an app, but I can't put up with having a phone be uncomfortable to hold because it's too hot.

Fortunately, my wife bought the Infuse at the same time that I picked up the Atrix. After begging her to let me try it, I can't wait to get one. Aside from all the aesthetic features of that amazing screen, typing on it was effortless - and it was nice not to need an ice pack for my hands when i was finished! :D

Reactions: Terrigno

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I too went from iPhone 4 to Atrix and then to infuse, without question the infuse is the best device on at&t at the moment. Love the screen, form factor and feel. I am very happy with it.

boompermax

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone people really need to increase the screen size with the next iteration. 3.5" just doens't cut it now with phones like the Infuse at 4.5"

cellio

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Agree, Agree, Agree! I have to limit myself on telling the nay sayers how wrong they are about this phone. I gave my iPhone 4 to my wife an returned the Atrix. I hate to limit my love for this phone by saying everything about the display, but it is simply perfect. I am scared of the release of SG2 on At&t though, because I will have to compare. On the upside for those Atrix lovers it will be winter in a few months, so keeping your hands a blaze will be another plus with that battery.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I am not sure that I would switch to the SG2 at this point, yes it's faster, however I don't game very much and I love the slightly larger screen "I have fat thumbs"

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i too came from an atrix to the infuse.

I personally love moto's android offerings on verizon for every other carrier they put out plastic cheap looking devices with regular blur. Verizon gets metal, ninjablur, better selection i feel.

Samsung and HTC make Great Phones but the one thing i dislike about my infuse and miss about my atrix is the weight! Samsung makes these things too light they feel so delicate and def. makes them feel cheaper IMO they look amazing but hold one after an iphone 4 or droid x its not leaving you feeling like the infuse is on the same level. This is just my opinion however i have used a lot of phones and still hunting for one i will want to keep for a long time, lately every phone i own is a filler to the next.

Flame all you want for this but if i could have a 4.3" iphone 4 running vanilla 2.3.4 android i would be in heaven i hate iOS (long time mac user though lol) but apple knows how to make solid hardware.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I am not sure that I would switch to the SG2 at this point, yes it's faster, however I don't game very much and I love the slightly larger screen "I have fat thumbs"

I'm staying put for the exact same reasons. Plus, I can't afford to buy a top-of-the-line device off-contract! :p

dakotagypsy

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying put for the exact same reasons. Plus, I can't afford to buy a top-of-the-line device off-contract! :p
I too tried the Atrix and swapped it for the Infuse.

I absolutely hated the fact that the charging cord came out of the side of the Atrix. I frequently use my phone while it's charging and this arrangement made that very uncomfortable.

The salesman at Fry's pushed the Atrix because of the dual-core processor but I so no significant difference in speed between the two devices.

Each phone has minor advantages over the other and, other than the charging cord, I would have been happy with the Atrix. That being said, the bigger screen of the Infuse is MUCH better than the Atrix and I am so glad I made the switch.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i too came from an atrix to the infuse.

I personally love moto's android offerings on verizon for every other carrier they put out plastic cheap looking devices with regular blur. Verizon gets metal, ninjablur, better selection i feel.

Samsung and HTC make Great Phones but the one thing i dislike about my infuse and miss about my atrix is the weight! Samsung makes these things too light they feel so delicate and def. makes them feel cheaper IMO they look amazing but hold one after an iphone 4 or droid x its not leaving you feeling like the infuse is on the same level. This is just my opinion however i have used a lot of phones and still hunting for one i will want to keep for a long time, lately every phone i own is a filler to the next.

Flame all you want for this but if i could have a 4.3" iphone 4 running vanilla 2.3.4 android i would be in heaven i hate iOS (long time mac user though lol) but apple knows how to make solid hardware.

I agree. Light is good in some instances, but for a large phone that could easily slip out of your hands while trying to "one-hand" it, i want something that will be weighted down more in my hand. The weight of the iPhone was perfect to its size.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the heat is an only-atrix thing... the SG2 will be dual core as well and thus in theory generate more heat than the Infuse as well. Besides you didn't really want to play with a "Galaxy on Fire", did you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith