Blendedej8

May 26, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, netflix has only been released for maybe 8 androids, none of which are the infuse. Seems netflix is randomly picking devices if you look at the list

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
no luck here either tried every version of the .apk i come across and none work.

yes officially it is only compatible with 8 devices but there have been leaked modified .apk's that have enabled it on other devices not on the compatibility list.

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using anything else to get by for now. I am using Amazon's free movie downloads until Netflix is working. Anymore out there?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The media hub lets you buy or rent movies but all the content is locked into the media hub app.

I honestly only tried this because of the free credit although it is nice for android to have a source to purchase movies and not just rent.

The interface was clunky and hard to find and browse sorted by their pre defined genres
Pros:
+finally a way to purchase movies native to android
+free 25$ credit!
+Fair prices on par with itunes.

Cons:
-poor interface
-limited selection
-restricted to the media hub app cannot use a thrid party player
-All content is DRM protected

So try it out since you have the free credit but if you have ever used a good solution this will be an unpleasant experience.

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just used my credit for the Samsung media hub to buy (2) movies. bought The Mummy and Van Helsing. It downloaded the movies to the phone and plays great.
The movies are each 1.2gb in size so beware if you download a lot of them.

sbuckman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just got of the line with Netflix and have not a clue if this is true or not. I was told that it is actually a joint effort between Netfilx and the phone manufactures in producing the app but it is actually the phone manufacturer that selects which models the app will be on. And that it is the manufacturer that is writing the app for their phones. :confused: and was advised I should actually contact Samsung to see if they have a release date for Netflix for the Infuse. :eek:

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you rip them to .avi or .mp4? I will give it a shot. I love watching movies on my phone. The video looks incredible on this phone btw.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, selection was crazy bad on Media Hub. My advice? Get your video files elsewhere (children, can you say "Bit Torrent"?) ;) and use Handbrake to convert/compress.

well i do not torrent, i have a lot of media from buying dvds with digital copies but it would be nice if google would allow us to purchase media music and video instead of just rent.

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I tested it out last night and you can watch .avi or .mp4 files, they are the same on this phone. I just installed the Samsung Kies so that it would have the drivers for phone, plugged in the phone with the USB cable, then I could see a new removable device, created a Video folder underneath media folder, copied over movies and watched with video player. What an awesome screen to watch movies on!

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I tested it out last night and you can watch .avi or .mp4 files, they are the same on this phone. I just installed the Samsung Kies so that it would have the drivers for phone, plugged in the phone with the USB cable, then I could see a new removable device, created a Video folder underneath media folder, copied over movies and watched with video player. What an awesome screen to watch movies on!

Sweet! And you answered your question above, but just FYI... I rip to mp4 with Handbrake. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa