Ugh... Is the Infuse "BUGGY"

sbuckman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on my second Infuse. With the first one, on the very first night I had it, it turned itself off. mmmmm figured whatever... and restarted the phone. Then over the next week it started doing it during phone calls. It progressed to totally freezing and buzzing intermittently as if it were sending out a SOS! :p Rebooted the phone and it came up in 'Safe Mode'... took it into ATT and got a different Infuse.

Well admittedly I absolutely cannot leave a phone 'stock' and I have to mess with everything... which is of course why I get Android Phones! :D Well I usually run Launcher Pro so loaded that up. What I have experienced with this new Infuse is I have had one reboot in a call, loosing widgets and now I am getting some 'Morris Code' episodes again.. :'( I LOVE this phone or at least the 'concept' of this phone. I had the Inspire before and it was a good phone too... but the screen on this ... :cool: amazing... I so want to make this phone work.

My son has the same phone and is not experiencing any of this... but he has not changed out the home app... could this be the root of the issue? Anyone else using Launcher Pro?

Any ideas?

mark.pitcock

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I had similar issues with my first Infuse. I took it back to AT&T and get a second one and it has been rock solid. I am currently running the free version of ADW Launcher and am not experiencing any problems so far. If you got it from an AT&T store you have 30 days to take it back.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i use launcher pro daily i picked my infuse on launch day and it has been bug free although i cannot get adw launcher working but probably can with a factory reset have not gotten around to it yet. but i do not think it is launcher pro.

sbuckman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I actually have 5 Days left if I need to exchange it again. I just really don't look forward to having to do this as we are in a transition here from Alltel to ATT and the average time waiting in line is 2 hours.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Morse

Hi, I've posted in a different thread about my experience of overnight powerdowns. Now that it's started happening in the daytime, I've noticed that there's often a series of vibrations, seemingly 3 short 1 long, as though is were spelling "ST" in Morse. It's definitely not "SMS" though it could be a truncated version of and SMS Morse vibration. Anyone know where that comes from?
-Dwight

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had a couple of shutdowns I am starting to think it has to do with apostle being installed to SD Card. As I start moving apps back to the phone it appears to become more stable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I actually have 5 Days left if I need to exchange it again. I just really don't look forward to having to do this as we are in a transition here from Alltel to ATT and the average time waiting in line is 2 hours.

how do you only have 5 days left? it should be a 30 day return policy.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I've posted in a different thread about my experience of overnight powerdowns. Now that it's started happening in the daytime, I've noticed that there's often a series of vibrations, seemingly 3 short 1 long, as though is were spelling "ST" in Morse. It's definitely not "SMS" though it could be a truncated version of and SMS Morse vibration. Anyone know where that comes from?
-Dwight

Im sorry but I found this funny with the Morse Code and all that your explaining lol. Anywhoo, Samsung has an issue with that. When something wants to force close or the system on there phones get locked up, I noticed it does that vibration sequence that you just explain there. It used to happen on my Captivate also. But I havent run into problems with the phone rebooting (Knock On Wood) What I would do is perform a factory reset. Then install applications that you had and try to moniter what application it might be. If nots a problem with an app and it is the phone, then you have time to return it and exchange. You pay a good amount for a device so I would take that back and get it switched out. I know it can be a hassle to do so, but its well worth it in the end.

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Mines not buggy at all. Only thing sometimes is that Pandora will take awhile to open, so I will just go into task manager and close everything, then it opens right up.

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple of shutdowns I am starting to think it has to do with apostle being installed to SD Card. As I start moving apps back to the phone it appears to become more stable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Same here. i took the SD card out and now its running like a champ. With the SD card in i was getting some weird slow downs and freezes.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
@PhxBlue, yes I do think there is something associated with the SD Card, I am considering a factory reset and sticking the stock 2 gig card back in, currently I have a 16 gig card I pulled from another device. Just wonder if it's a issue with that particular card.

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i got my infuse may 20th only problem i had was with my network which was this morning i couldnt connect to the internet only thru wifi called att they had to do something on their end i forgot what and it started working again i also when something is wrong with an app and is force to close it does vibrate and then tell u to close the program and im using launcher pro sometimes go launcher ex but mainly the launcher pro

sbuckman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well... bit the bullet and stood in line today. So I am now on TA DAH my 3rd Infuse. Will see how it goes... a weeee bit leery though cuz at first it didn't recognize my 32G Micro SD card.... mehhh... pulled it out... put in in the computer to read it and make sure my data was still there... popped it back into the phone and presto chango it was there! :D so we will see what happens now. I too think the little bugger has trouble pulling things from the SD card... tis so sad but I am fully on first name basis with all the folks including the manager at our ATT store. Told them today that I expect a paycheck for as much time as I put in there.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure if thats the issue though because Ive had the same 8GB card in mine from the Atrix and I havent had any problems like that, not normally at least. You have to understand that ALL android phones will be buggy. Something is gonna be buggy about it in some way or another. Its technology. I dont believe theres a machine out that thats considered perfect.

sbuckman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Quirky... like putting text messages out of order, I can live with... but when I have shut down in the middle of phone calls... no. Since Infuse #2 was doing both of the above... I switched again before my 30 days expired.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Quirky... like putting text messages out of order, I can live with... but when I have shut down in the middle of phone calls... no. Since Infuse #2 was doing both of the above... I switched again before my 30 days expired.

Thats good that you did that. Take advantage of the 30 day window. But if it happens again, I dont think its an issue with the phone. It just seems awkward because mine has never shut down on its own yet. Some others probably havent either. I would check to make sure there is no interfierence with an app or something.