wifi problems

joetory#AC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My wifi disconnects for no reason and then i have to turn off the wifi on the phone and turn it baack on so it will work. First droid phone and my iphone never had these issues. any help would be greatful :(

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had similar issues. I changed the channel on my router. Signal still drops from time to time but atlases it doesn't disconnect.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You can try that or unplug the router and your internet connection. Let it sit for about 30 seconds, replug it back in and reprogram your wifi on your phone again.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear! Normally thats mostly the case with that issue in most circumstances. When I had the Atrix though it wasnt. The Atrix had a bad Wifi connection period. It used to frustrate me because Im mainly around Wifi all the time and I had to eat up more MB usage because of the wifi signal being crappy. Other Atrix users have said the same thing with the signal.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Having the same issue primarily when i leave my wifi on going between home and work and going in and out of my office the wifi does not always reconnect or disconnects while asleep sometimes and i have to toggle it for it to work.

i have a dual band N router at home have tried the 2.4ghz and 5 channels with no luck.The work is just a simple linksys g router. i have reset the work and home one and the same issue occurs. im using encryption on my home router but my office has public wifi so i have hit the issue with encrypted and non. :-\

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had that wifi disconnection from time to time but it has not been consistent. Anyway, I've just installed the app Auto WiFi Enabler. You might want to check into it to see if works.

6-3 update: Auto WiFi Enabler seems to be working well. I normally turn off my wi-fi setting in the general settings and I'm leaving Auto WiFi Enabler setting in Automatic Mode. From time to time, if I check my connection, I see that wi-fi has magically turned itself on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome