1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pandora (Data?) Shuts off When Screen is Off

I am trying to get a friend set up with the Infuse who is coming from an iPhone. This is one of the last kinks we are trying to figure out. Pandora will continue playing the song when the screen is off (what is left in the buffer I suppose), but will not go to the next song. Somewhere along the line the pgone and data sleeps with the screen off.

He does not have Juice Defender or anything like that installed. This is happening when he is on 3G (or H+). I know the Wifi Sleep option but I am not talking about WiFi here. He wants to use Pandora when he drives.

On my Thunderbolt, there is a 3G "always on' option in Mobile Networks but the Infuse and his wife's Captivate do not have it (I had a Fascinate but did not look for it so I don't know if it is all Samsung phones or what).

Anyone know a fix for this so that Pandora and Data keep rolling even when screen is off???

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

I actually hadn't even listened to pandora since getting my Infuse. After reading this I tested and it continues to play with screen off over cell network just fine. I'm on 4th song now. I checked settings but didn't see anything that would affect. Pandora is installed on my phone and not sd card, not sure if that matters or not.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb View Post
    I actually hadn't even listened to pandora since getting my Infuse. After reading this I tested and it continues to play with screen off over cell network just fine. I'm on 4th song now. I checked settings but didn't see anything that would affect. Pandora is installed on my phone and not sd card, not sure if that matters or not.
    Actually, I think you just solved it for me. Moved Pandora to Phone from SD and I THINK its working now.