Gingerbread update?

yellowv

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I see that Sprint is supposed to be updating the EVO to Gingerbread over the next few days. Has anyone heard any news if 2.3 is coming to the Infuse any time soon? Don't understand why they didn't just release it Gingerbread equipped.

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I see that Sprint is supposed to be updating the EVO to Gingerbread over the next few days. Has anyone heard any news if 2.3 is coming to the Infuse any time soon? Don't understand why they didn't just release it Gingerbread equipped.

I haven't heard anything about gingerbread

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Me either. And if Samsungs track record is still like the way it was in the past, you wont see Gingerbread for a LONG time. Unless it gets leaked and you can install the ROM that way from XDA.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
the soonest we will see gingerbread is probably not for a month but it will be a rom modified from the galaxy s versions maybe.

i just hope that samsung can just tweak the build for the infuse and give us an official.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
the soonest we will see gingerbread is probably not for a month but it will be a rom modified from the galaxy s versions maybe.

i just hope that samsung can just tweak the build for the infuse and give us an official.

Same here. I'm hesitant to run a custom ROM at this point... but maybe I'll be whistling a different tune when there is one available to install with good instructions and support. :D

CRABThinker

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I'm hesitant to run a custom ROM at this point... but maybe I'll be whistling a different tune when there is one available to install with good instructions and support. :D

I got fed up with at&t and their b/sdcard so i said **** it and decided to go the custom rom route two days ago and I got the infused 1.5.3 and couldn't believe how amazing it is. It's so worth it to flash a custom rom. I don't even care about the gingerbread update now

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I got fed up with at&t and their b/sdcard so i said **** it and decided to go the custom rom route two days ago and I got the infused 1.5.3 and couldn't believe how amazing it is. It's so worth it to flash a custom rom. I don't even care about the gingerbread update now

I don't want to screw up my phone and lose everything I already have on my phone by doing the custom ROM route.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Why go with 1.5.3 instead of 2.1? I was running 2.1 but I switched to serendipity 7 and its awesome.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Why go with 1.5.3 instead of 2.1? I was running 2.1 but I switched to serendipity 7 and its awesome.

I had also switched to Serendipity 7 and loved it. Although the "First call not working after Boot up" eventually got to me. Cause I didnt want to try and remember to do that everytime I would boot the phone up. So I went back to Infused 2.1. But the Serendipity Rom is sweeter in my book. The Vibration is stronger also. The web Browser also has issues with playing Flash. Even after I deleted Flash with TBU and reinstalled it via the market, it still didnt work properly. If some of those bugs get ironed out, I would go back. But Infused also seems to have better battery life.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had also switched to Serendipity 7 and loved it. Although the "First call not working after Boot up" eventually got to me. Cause I didnt want to try and remember to do that everytime I would boot the phone up. So I went back to Infused 2.1. But the Serendipity Rom is sweeter in my book. The Vibration is stronger also. The web Browser also has issues with playing Flash. Even after I deleted Flash with TBU and reinstalled it via the market, it still didnt work properly. If some of those bugs get ironed out, I would go back. But Infused also seems to have better battery life.

I've noticed the issues with flash player. It kind of kills it for me. Battery life is also lacking, I went down to 87% after 2hrs of being unplugged even though I was asleep. I'll probably go back to infused as well, even though I really like the look of s7, especially with the blue medley theme.

roses33

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
any news on gingerbread release from att... Hopefully it will work well with samsung infuse ... I hate to flash a new rom given i.m under warranty or it voids it ... Froyo is great ... Just anxious for gbread!!! Any new "rumors" from ATT?? Thks ...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
any news on gingerbread release from att... Hopefully it will work well with samsung infuse ... I hate to flash a new rom given i.m under warranty or it voids it ... Froyo is great ... Just anxious for gbread!!! Any new "rumors" from ATT?? Thks ...

Im sure AT&Ts GingerBread wil work well for the Infuse. Thats whenever Samsung decides to let it go. I truely believe Samsung is the one and not AT&T. When I owned the Atrix, 2 Updates I recieved pretty much within a month and a half when I owned it. Moto was good with there updates. Samsung has always been horrible with updates. Not sure if Im gonna stick with Sammy in the future.

Reactions: roses33

roses33

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
thanks for clarifying that its not AT&T but Samsung that is holding back the release of Gingerbread... Hmmm... so far I'm much happier with Samsung than I was with HTC but we shall see... Customer Service for me is at the top of my list...

In the past AT&T was the hold up for the ROM updates for HTC devices that I owned...

The last I heard there is no reason not to release it... Unless they are still working out any bugs....

Are you going to do a backup before flashing the new ROM? If so do you have a preferred backup program? I always kept copies of older ROM's backed up just in case I wanted to revert back to older ROM...

thanks again for the prompt response

Greekguyrob

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
GalaxySsupport: @robertwelch Stay tuned! Thanks #Infuse 4G

I got this reply this morning regarding a not so nice tweet to AT&T last week. Hopefully Samsung has something up their sleeves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

cptrack08

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Just checked today and there is a 14.5 mb update...not sure exactly what this update is but some type of maintenance
Transitions between pages/screens seem a little faster..all i've noticed so far

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan