Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Gingerbread update?

    I see that Sprint is supposed to be updating the EVO to Gingerbread over the next few days. Has anyone heard any news if 2.3 is coming to the Infuse any time soon? Don't understand why they didn't just release it Gingerbread equipped.
  2. #2  
    STL 314's Avatar

    Posts
    278 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    I see that Sprint is supposed to be updating the EVO to Gingerbread over the next few days. Has anyone heard any news if 2.3 is coming to the Infuse any time soon? Don't understand why they didn't just release it Gingerbread equipped.
    I haven't heard anything about gingerbread
  3. #3  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Me either. And if Samsungs track record is still like the way it was in the past, you wont see Gingerbread for a LONG time. Unless it gets leaked and you can install the ROM that way from XDA.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  4. #4  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    671 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    the soonest we will see gingerbread is probably not for a month but it will be a rom modified from the galaxy s versions maybe.

    i just hope that samsung can just tweak the build for the infuse and give us an official.
    Windows Phone:Lumia 920
    Android: Nexus 4
    iOS: iPhone 5
  5. #5  
    reefrunway's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhelf View Post
    the soonest we will see gingerbread is probably not for a month but it will be a rom modified from the galaxy s versions maybe.

    i just hope that samsung can just tweak the build for the infuse and give us an official.
    Same here. I'm hesitant to run a custom ROM at this point... but maybe I'll be whistling a different tune when there is one available to install with good instructions and support.
  6. #6  
    mcdanielnc89's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Anyone have any other news to when Gingerbread would be vailable as an update through AT&T...
  7. #7  
    reefrunway's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanielnc89 View Post
    Anyone have any other news to when Gingerbread would be vailable as an update through AT&T...
    Pretty sure it's a complete unknown. The August release annoucement for the Infuse was a false alarm.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reefrunway View Post
    Same here. I'm hesitant to run a custom ROM at this point... but maybe I'll be whistling a different tune when there is one available to install with good instructions and support.
    I got fed up with at&t and their b/sdcard so i said **** it and decided to go the custom rom route two days ago and I got the infused 1.5.3 and couldn't believe how amazing it is. It's so worth it to flash a custom rom. I don't even care about the gingerbread update now
  9. #9  
    mcdanielnc89's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRABThinker View Post
    I got fed up with at&t and their b/sdcard so i said **** it and decided to go the custom rom route two days ago and I got the infused 1.5.3 and couldn't believe how amazing it is. It's so worth it to flash a custom rom. I don't even care about the gingerbread update now
    I don't want to screw up my phone and lose everything I already have on my phone by doing the custom ROM route.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRABThinker View Post
    I got fed up with at&t and their b/sdcard so i said **** it and decided to go the custom rom route two days ago and I got the infused 1.5.3 and couldn't believe how amazing it is. It's so worth it to flash a custom rom. I don't even care about the gingerbread update now
    Why go with 1.5.3 instead of 2.1? I was running 2.1 but I switched to serendipity 7 and its awesome.
  11. #11  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post
    Why go with 1.5.3 instead of 2.1? I was running 2.1 but I switched to serendipity 7 and its awesome.
    I had also switched to Serendipity 7 and loved it. Although the "First call not working after Boot up" eventually got to me. Cause I didnt want to try and remember to do that everytime I would boot the phone up. So I went back to Infused 2.1. But the Serendipity Rom is sweeter in my book. The Vibration is stronger also. The web Browser also has issues with playing Flash. Even after I deleted Flash with TBU and reinstalled it via the market, it still didnt work properly. If some of those bugs get ironed out, I would go back. But Infused also seems to have better battery life.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    I had also switched to Serendipity 7 and loved it. Although the "First call not working after Boot up" eventually got to me. Cause I didnt want to try and remember to do that everytime I would boot the phone up. So I went back to Infused 2.1. But the Serendipity Rom is sweeter in my book. The Vibration is stronger also. The web Browser also has issues with playing Flash. Even after I deleted Flash with TBU and reinstalled it via the market, it still didnt work properly. If some of those bugs get ironed out, I would go back. But Infused also seems to have better battery life.
    I've noticed the issues with flash player. It kind of kills it for me. Battery life is also lacking, I went down to 87% after 2hrs of being unplugged even though I was asleep. I'll probably go back to infused as well, even though I really like the look of s7, especially with the blue medley theme.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    any news on gingerbread release from att... Hopefully it will work well with samsung infuse ... I hate to flash a new rom given i.m under warranty or it voids it ... Froyo is great ... Just anxious for gbread!!! Any new "rumors" from ATT?? Thks ...
  14. #14  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Quote Originally Posted by roses33 View Post
    any news on gingerbread release from att... Hopefully it will work well with samsung infuse ... I hate to flash a new rom given i.m under warranty or it voids it ... Froyo is great ... Just anxious for gbread!!! Any new "rumors" from ATT?? Thks ...
    Im sure AT&Ts GingerBread wil work well for the Infuse. Thats whenever Samsung decides to let it go. I truely believe Samsung is the one and not AT&T. When I owned the Atrix, 2 Updates I recieved pretty much within a month and a half when I owned it. Moto was good with there updates. Samsung has always been horrible with updates. Not sure if Im gonna stick with Sammy in the future.
    Thanked by:
    roses33 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    thanks for clarifying that its not AT&T but Samsung that is holding back the release of Gingerbread... Hmmm... so far I'm much happier with Samsung than I was with HTC but we shall see... Customer Service for me is at the top of my list...

    In the past AT&T was the hold up for the ROM updates for HTC devices that I owned...

    The last I heard there is no reason not to release it... Unless they are still working out any bugs....

    Are you going to do a backup before flashing the new ROM? If so do you have a preferred backup program? I always kept copies of older ROMs backed up just in case I wanted to revert back to older ROM...

    thanks again for the prompt response
  16. #16  

    Default

    GalaxySsupport: @robertwelch Stay tuned! Thanks #Infuse 4G

    I got this reply this morning regarding a not so nice tweet to AT&T last week. Hopefully Samsung has something up their sleeves.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Just checked today and there is a 14.5 mb update...not sure exactly what this update is but some type of maintenance
    Transitions between pages/screens seem a little faster..all i've noticed so far
    Last edited by cptrack08; 09-14-2011 at 01:06 PM.
  18. #18  
    frmorrison's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPx

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Gingerbread is at least 100 megs, so sounds like a fix update.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    where and how did you received this update? my phone hasn't gotten it yet. and i would like to get it.
  20. #20  
    mcdanielnc89's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Will the update show if I have my device rooted?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    I am by no means a rooting or modificaiton expert,having done it once on my Infuse, But yes, when I checked for updates, it showed it as being available and it updated over 3G without a hitch.

    I supect that when the Gingerbread update comes, the device will have to be "unrooted" for it to be able to update, and then "re-rooted" with a file specific to the Infuse with Gingerbread, but I certianly defer to the rooting experts on how that will play out.
  22. #22  
    reefrunway's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanielnc89 View Post
    Will the update show if I have my device rooted?
    Yes, it'll show.
  23. #23  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    If you're rooted you will want to wait until the dev's get a hold of it and make already rooted versions of it. It might take a day or two (or three) but it's worth the wait to not lose root.

    If you choose to take the OTA to Gingerbread there is a possibility that you won't gain root back.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  24. #24  
    mcdanielnc89's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Whenever I go to update this AT&T update it fails... is it because I'm rooted?
  25. #25  
    reefrunway's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

    Default Re: Gingerbread update?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanielnc89 View Post
    Whenever I go to update this AT&T update it fails... is it because I'm rooted?
    No, being rooted doesn't matter for the OTA update. But if you're having problems downloading it when you're on a WiFi connection -- as many people did, myself included -- try downloading via the data network instead. Sucks to use up a chunk of your data plan to do so (if you don't have unlimited), but that's how I had to do it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B