major design flaw.....

dbesset

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Why would Samsung make a phone with everything on it except a external notification light??? I was so used to my Evo and when I came into the room i could tell if I had any kind of a message without turning the screen on. I love the phone besides that. What idiots.........

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know...for myself, those external notification light's remind me of BB phones...kinda archaic. I think I had one on a 6 year old HTC smartphone I had with Sprint many moon ago.

I use so many different features of my smartphone having a little light doesn't really help since I'm always turning on my phone to do something anyway.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This thread reminds me of garage sales: one person's trash is someone else's new treasure! It's all a matter of taste. Personally, when I put my phone away, I like it that way: out of sight, out of mind. Having moved from an iPhone 3G with its intrusive alerts and message pop-ups whenever I had a text or something else, I'm happy to see the Infuse discreetly putting a reminder just on the tool bar. To me that is a design plus!

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This thread reminds me of garage sales: one person's trash is someone else's new treasure! It's all a matter of taste. Personally, when I put my phone away, I like it that way: out of sight, out of mind. Having moved from an iPhone 3G with its intrusive alerts and message pop-ups whenever I had a text or something else, I'm happy to see the Infuse discreetly putting a reminder just on the tool bar. To me that is a design plus!

I was just thinking about this yesterday and do not miss the iphone "intrusive alerts" at all. But then again I am the type of person that will finish an in-person conversation before picking up my phone.

Cindereladin

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't miss the BB LED, but I certainly do notice myself glancing at my phone to "see" if I have messages. It usually takes me a while to remember I need to actually check.

SkySoldier

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I for one do miss the BB L.E.D. notification light. Guess years of owning several has me conditioned like Pavlovs dogs! But I do think that having a little light that tells me what kind of message I have waiting will improve the battery life. When I look at what uses up the battery most in settings, it's always the display, usually up in the 90% area. As much as i love my Infuse, nothing compares to BB's push notification system. Having said that, I wouldn't trade in my Android for any BB at this point. My two cents.

Lefaid

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That is the only complaint I have for the phone. My old Droid had it an it always helped me keep up with everything. Then again that little green dot can be a huge distraction on the road, because you just want to know what the light it blinking for. I guess it is better that the phone does not have it :p . I might try noled anyway but wouldn't that theoretically destroy your battery life?

dbesset

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Guys!! I was just frustrated about this however I do realize everyone has different likes and dislikes thanks for all the input i will checkout the noled whatever that is thanks all.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie