News Widget deletes itself after turning off my phone

sskwan4

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a new android user and Samsung Infuse is my first smartphone ever. So far everything is great and I really love this phone! however the only problem I've been having is that my widget for the "business insider" app dissappears whenever I turn off my phone and turn it back on again. And when I try to add it back the option to add the business insider widget dissapears and I would have to reinstall the entire app in order to put them back on the homescreen. I am not sure what's going on and I am really frustrated, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This has become an issue. Sometimes actually going to the application in settings>Applications>Manage Applications> Particular App and then setting Move To Phone fixes the problem. Some apps it doesnt. I just wont use the apps that have the widgets disappearing. Im not sure if a different launcher installed stops that from happening but that is really weird. Never happend on any of my Android Phones. Maybe they need to push out a fix for this.

sskwan4

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I tried moving it to the phone but it doesn't work. The widget disappears as soon as I used the move to phone option. I will try installing Launcher Pro or something to see if that will help. Is this really a common problem? If so, I guess I should be somewhat glad it's not my phone that has the problem. Is there any way to directly install the app to my phone instead of the SD card? it seems to install that particular App on the SD card by default for some reason. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

ofcjscott

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Move it to the phone then power the phone off and back on. The widget should appear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk.