How to delete "recent contacts" in messaging

taxman24

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe I saw a post about this same topic that didn't get much attention. Im a new android user but I adapt fairly quickly. And I couldn't figure out how to delete recent contacts in messaging either.

The closest I got... I noticed if you go to Phone, then to Logs and delete the logs there, when you go to messaging and go to recent contacts something is different. At first glance it seems the recent contacts are gone.. but then you scroll down and they've just go to the bottom of the recent contact list :(

Anyone figure out how to delete recent contacts yet??? I realize this isn't a big deal to most people. But for those of us who like to keep our tracks clean... lol.

Hope some of you android wiz's got a solution. And btw, i love this phone :)

The following is off topic...

******Also I'm aware of the screen lock with a password thing, which i did with an older phone. But with my infuse when I use a password for screen lock it is disappointing :( Reason being i cant hit the power button to see the time in those nice big numbers and see my wallpaper. And to make matters worse when you have a password for screen lock if you recieve a text or any notification, it goes straight to the password page and if your phone is in your pocket it can randomly press numbers or hit the "emergency call" button. ******

taxman24

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Never did find a solution. And in "recent" when composing a message it would also add people who you've recentl called or had a call from, not just limited to texting. And the order in which theyd appear was something i could not figure out.

I ended up just switching to handcent, which i like very much. Although on the stock messaging app all the recent contacts still show up. I just move things i want private to the "privacy box" and there are a lot of cool things you can customize.

Tyler Melton

May 27, 2013
Visit site
if you go to the contact by clicking on the persons messages you want to delete make sure you are at the contacts page which displays the information like there number and such. hit the menu key go to history and delete. if u dont have them saved as a contact jus make them a contact then delete after if u prefer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair