Car bracket

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I love using the google nav system on the phone, it is far superior to my car's now seemingly dated honda nav system on my civic (5 years old, and honda sends me mail asking for $150 for an update dvd each year that I promptly toss out).

I know there are probably specific brackets that fit (or will fit) the infuse... but I didn't see any in the phone section of my local best buy where the phone came from.

So I went over into their car accessory sections where they sold navigation systems (ironically) and i noticed something advertised as a Garmin "Suction Cup Mount". One of them was open and I tried my infuse (which I keep inside a casemate pop case, the kind they sell in the AT&T stores) which is a mix of hard plastic and rubberized sections. It fit perfectly, very snug, easy to get in and out but no way it would pop loose.

I picked it up (they were charging $27 plus tax) and tried it out. The grip on the phone was perfect. I did have a few issues with mounting it.. the civic windshield is at quite a bit of an angle which put it farther than I would have preferred, I wanted it on my dash really but the dash was too curved to allow the suction cup to grip well (and the last thing I wanted was this thing to fall and hit something). The kit came with a metal plate it could grip on to that could then be permanently adhered to a surface but again my dash is very curved, there wasn't really a spot I could affix it that would be flush all the way. Ironically the perfect mount spot (using the suction cup, not the adhesive plate) was... directly on the screen of my vehicle's nav system.

Here is the bracket:

249644_1789279967361_1100440133_31604104_3491942_n.jpg

I couldn't take a pic with the phone in it as the phone was taking the picture, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Rocket75

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Rocketfish sells an Windshield mount for like $24.95 (at Best Buy) that you can attatch to the windshield, and it has an adjustable mount that this phone works fine in. Its also really easy to adjust the phone so it is horizontal or vertical. And with that same kit, comes an A/C vent adapter, if you find that works better, but for me it didn't. Still a great buy and solves my problem! I have a curved dash too so I needed another option.

reverendmilo

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My solution was getting a custom mount from proclipusa.com and getting a vent mount from Clingo.com

I cut the vent mount of the clingo flat with a dremel so I could screw it to the custom mount from proclipusa

sent from my fancy pants Samsung Infuse

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Update on this - do not attempt to duplicate. The garmin grip has taken a toll on the sides of my casemate pop case. I then put a piece of scotch tape to protect against this and had my infuse literally pop out of it while mounted on the windshield, thankfully I somehow caught it so no harm was done... but it could have been bad. Thinking of trying clingo...