Problem when using power key to stop phone conversation

Pat8

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm just learning my way around my beautiful Infuse, coming from iphone 3gs. I've checked the Settings-accessibility-Power Key Ends Calls box coz it's such a quick way to end calls. My problem is that I can't figure out a way to power on the screen once it's turned off so that I can check calendar or web while still talking on the conversation. Of course, using the power key terminates the conversation. None of the icons at the bottom (home, menu,web, etc.) respond to my touch. Anyone know how to reactivate the screen in this case.

Pat8

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just learning my way around my beautiful Infuse, coming from iphone 3gs. I've checked the Settings-accessibility-Power Key Ends Calls box coz it's such a quick way to end calls. My problem is that I can't figure out a way to power on the screen once it's turned off so that I can check calendar or web while still talking on the conversation. Of course, using the power key terminates the conversation. None of the icons at the bottom (home, menu,web, etc.) respond to my touch. Anyone know how to reactivate the screen in this case.

Pat8

There's a sensor that should automatically turn the screen back on once you remove the phone from your ear/side of your head... perhaps that sensor's not functioning correctly? I know that's not much of a "fix" but it may get you pointed in the right direction.

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't come back to life sometimes either. I just turned off the option to use the power button as the hang up call button.