Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get the phone to vibrate :(

So far I love it!! It has everything i could ever want..However i have one problem, I can't get the dang thing to vibrate when I receive a text message!..I have my phone set to Silent, and vibrate set to Always, yet it still doesn't do anything when I receive a msg.

Any help is much Appreciated!
    Thanked by:
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Hmm I wish I could chime in on this one. But I never have my phone on Vibrate, Only when I turn the volume rocker all the way down. Did you try that? Turn your phone to its normal Ringtone. And Vibrate set to off. Then proceed out of the settings. Then turn the volume rocker all the way down till you feel the slight vibrate. Then the phone will be in vibrate mode. See if your SMS messages come through with a vibrate that way.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

agh it didn't work, that was a good idea though!

Thanks

Is your phone vibrating for non-text notifications? Are you using a 3rd party SMS app?

Sent by a little green robot
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah my phone vibrates when I click buttons etc, and nah I am just using the basic phone vibration system.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/ rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver1055 View Post
    Yeah my phone vibrates when I click buttons etc, and nah I am just using the basic phone vibration system.
    Your phone has to be set to a vibration setting to get it to vibrate (sound and citation or vibration). You must also have that specific apparently set to vibrate as well.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by bgapfire View Post
    Your phone has to be set to a vibration setting to get it to vibrate (sound and citation or vibration). You must also have that specific apparently set to vibrate as well.
    The only option I have to set it to vibrate is (Never, only in silent mode, only when not in silent mode and always) I have tried with all of those, even never. I just don't know why it won't work
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Do this. Go into the Messaging App. Hit Menu and Settings. Then change the notification to Silent and have the phone in vibrate mode. See if that works.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

there is no vibrate mode itself, just have vibration on always, and put the phone on silent mode.. as for text messages, I can't seem to find the area where I can turn it to vibrate only, I turned it to silent, and it still didn't work
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Thats it. I think its a proven fact that Samsung doesnt want you to recieve text messages with it just vibrating for you lol. But if you cant find a solution, try out the other Messaging Apps in the Market. I think Handsent or whatever its called is a good one to try. I think GO SMS is another one to. Completely covers up the factory messaging app with a lot more features. Check into those to see if they have a vibrate function.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

tried new apps, and they didn't work fml...lol, I dont know what to do anymore
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Phone Not Vibrating

Check into this thread. See if you can try to mimick what these users are doing. The Captivate is just like the Infuse.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

If you put your phone in vibrate mode by turning the ringer all the way down. You saying that when you recieve a text it doesnt vibrate?

Default Re: Can't get the phone to vibrate :(

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    If you put your phone in vibrate mode by turning the ringer all the way down. You saying that when you recieve a text it doesnt vibrate?
    the same thing is with my samsung infuse. it was vibrating until i put on this app called battery buddy or something (i deleted it). but once my battery was low and it took it off..and ive tried everything i cant get it back on. i read through this whole thread and i still couldnt get it to work so...HELP!!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I was having the same exact issue with my Infuse 4G (with Rogers). I finally figured out how to fix this so I decided to post the solution here for everyone else that was having the same problem.

Applications > Settings > Sound > Volume > Notification Volume.

Make sure Notification Volume is not at zero, mine was and the phone did not vibrate when I got txt messages/phone calls. Now that I have changed this setting, it vibrates for both txt and calls. I never use a ring tone so my phone is always in "silent" mode, this was a really big problem for me, I'm glad it is fixed now. I hope this helps others too.

I have the exact phone with the exact problem. So to fix i downloaded sound manager from the app store. Once downloaded go to "Menu" And select Vibrate Settings. after that select vibrate whenever possible. And some how everything was fixed. Derp....... stupid phone

I have the same problem too. I put my phone vibrate as Always and turn on the notifivation volume and also try to downloaded the sound manager. But it didnt work at all. Please help. because I always put my phone in silent so I need vibrate.

ROM
    Aeroevan ClockworkMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by arggggWork[b
    [/b]it;1234564]I have the exact phone with the exact problem. So to fix i downloaded sound manager from the app store. Once downloaded go to "Menu" And select Vibrate Settings. after that select vibrate whenever possible. And some how everything was fixed. Derp....... stupid phone
    Nailed it! Thank you! I had the same mysterious and frustrating issue where my HTC Incredible 2 would only vibrate if the volume was turned all the way down. I tried every Android (CM10/JB) setting available, but my phone was still vibrationless. Installing Sound Manager (v2) fixed it immediately.

The crazy thing is, vibrations have been working perfectly since forever. I just added some MP3s to /system/media/audio/notifications and rebooted, and lost my good vibrations. Thankfully, this app reset what was otherwise unsettable.

Thanks again!

- Dave

I have a HTC one S and my vibrate use to work fine but now it does not work at all help!