Help Needed, Infuse won't Bootup

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So, i bought the samsung infuse today,
rooted it
backed it up on sd using titanium app
decided to install infused rom 1.3 so i downloaded rom manager and root explorer to put in 3e modded recovery mode and then using rom manager flashed clockwork or whatever it was called and downloaded infused 1.3
i hit reinstall packages because i didn't get the correct screen, and hit the power button to choose it, it did it's thing and then didn't work, i then went again and did every step once more... but now my phone won't boot up! it's stuck at the first thing the phone screen gets, for example, if i take out the battery and put it back in, then plug in the charger, i'll get the battery charge logo frozen, or if i just hit the power button i get the samsung word with black background...
what do i do? how do i fix this?

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey terrigno, thanks for the reply.
I am on a Mac and i don't have access to a pc for the time being.. is there a way i can do it on mac?
and just to let you know, whenever i do hold the powere button and volume buttons then release the power button, i don't get a triangle or anything u know...
any ideas on what to do? again, very new user, don't really know that much i'm sorry for being such a noob lol

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey terrigno, thanks for the reply.
I am on a Mac and i don't have access to a pc for the time being.. is there a way i can do it on mac?
and just to let you know, whenever i do hold the powere button and volume buttons then release the power button, i don't get a triangle or anything u know...
any ideas on what to do? again, very new user, don't really know that much i'm sorry for being such a noob lol

So your a serious noob and went ahead and did some serious hacking right off the bat? lol your brave for that. IM not sure about how to get it working ont he Mac. I know theres another Mac user in here who knows more. Or even on XDAs website they have some developers over there that have possibly fudged that program to make it work with a Mac. I have no idea with a mac though. I would give that website a look or do a general search for up top the forums for Mac with Odin to see if you can find relavent information on that specific program. Hopefully someone can chime in and help you out with this. Be very careful with doing this. These things happen and can become very frustrating to the noob user.

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
btw, i just tried the power button and volume buttons down then release the power, i managed to get it into recovery, even though the screen isn't showing much, when i connect it, and find it on terminal, it lists the device as in Recovery...

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the quick replies terrigno, and it is super frustrating but honestly, it's when you learn the most lol, so yea sure i'm kinda stuck right now, but i'm sure it will be resolved! lol
i'll keep looking around and if i find anything i will post it here for future users...
and yes, serious noob, less than 24 hours on the android :p

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
lol you jumped right in off the bat. Your right thats how you learn sometimes. Ill try to see if I can come up with something for you and Ill post back. Hang tight.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Found something. A program that replaces Odin and it works cross platform, for Mac also. Look into seeing if you can use the files from The write up for Odin to flash for the Infuse. But instead of using Odion, see if this program does the trick. Im not saying this is gonna work. Im saying I think you should look into this to see if this is a direct Odin replacement made from a developer. Read up in that post and see if other users have Used this on Mac to flash there Galaxy S phones. For some reason, The Infuse isnt listed as a Galaxy S phone but then I see the latest post on Android Centrals Blog that shows the Infuse comming to another country. And it does say Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G. Soooooooooo, Give that a shot. Read up first though.

[PROGRAM] Heimdall - Open-Source Cross-Platform Flashing Suite (1.2.0 Available) - xda-developers

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot dude, i'm actually installed windows 7 on my macbook pro through parallels, hoping i could maybe run it through there, if that doesn't work, i'll definitely get that Heimdall! thanks bro! appreciate the help a lot! :)

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Terrigno,
I got hold of an old XP laptop, i got Odin on it, but can't seem to find the necessary files, or at least i'm confused as to what the necessary files are...
i'm assuming i need the samsung infuse PIT file? or which PIT file can i use S I9000?
and which PDA file? i downloaded the SGHI997_UCKD5_rooted.zip and got the zimage but now i don't know what to do really?
any suggestions?

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
i managed to flash it and make it work! it's running great so far!
but for some reason it keeps on asking for gmail authentication because it seems to fail to sign in, and i'm just reading up on how to remedy this... also i rooted again because when i flashed to stock it didn't have superuser...

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
restarting the phone and resigning in fixed the gmail issue ...
installed Infused ROM 1.3.1 successfully :-D!
not bad for a person using an android for 24 hours lol

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
lol So you reflashed it officially and then re-did all of that stuff again. Your a guy that wont stop until its right. You remind me of myself. BRAVO on your Trials and Tribulations and making it work for you! I commend you on that one bud. Welcome to the boards!

kingin

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar issue Infuse 4g installed wrong Rom and phone keeps trying to reboot. Shows Samsung logo with black screen for 2 secs and goes away then comes back on. I read through this post and Know I need to download ODIN but what are the other files I need. Thanks in advance another Android Noob

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i managed to flash it and make it work! it's running great so far!
but for some reason it keeps on asking for gmail authentication because it seems to fail to sign in, and i'm just reading up on how to remedy this... also i rooted again because when i flashed to stock it didn't have superuser...
Can you tell me the steps on what you did,I had my phone give me an blank home screen when I deleted Launcher pro a few weeks ago.I ended up sending it into Samsung to get it fix it.I tried to flash my phone before sending it in,all the programs I downloaded for flashing,I have deleted them the other day. I would like to know what to do in case the same problem happens again and I try to flash my phone myself

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci