Regarding the AT&T Update.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone think that maybe the update is only pushed to certain people that have certain plans. Like the update was supposed to be for an email exchange server issue. Maybe the update only goes out to those people that actually use that? Im not sure. After doing everything possible theres nothing I can do to get this update. AT&T is telling me that there is no update for my phone? That was making me think that maybe it only goes out to people who have certain plans. Or are normally using a specific software. I dont know. Im just going out on a limb here.

dluce76

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Grandfathered unlimited data.

I should note, that I happened to notice my phone's device management software running as soon as it started being pushed to people. It started and closed on its own once without updating, after which I manually downloaded the update.

I did all that a couple hours before anyone was posting about it on this forum, so maybe I was able to receive it due to relatively few people trying to grab it.

To note, I haven't dropped a call in my apartment yet, and prior to the update I was dropping calls left and right (still only have 1 bar in my apt at all times though).

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What mine says now for last couple days.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using tapatalk

lol. Clear the Cache in Device Managment again to reset that. Its showing that you bumped the days up to try and get the update.

It might not be worth getting. I read from other uses in a thread that go the update and reported that there ringtones wouldnt work at certain times and there music files would stop unexpectidly. And they had that stuff on the internal SD card to. So I dont know.

donald7215

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I used att tech chat online and had them push the update

I did this because my ringtones and music would stop working and i thought maybe this was the fix....NOPE.....if you really want it...just go to att.com and talk to them through the chat option.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did that. And there the ones that told me there was no push of an update for my phone. Did that yesterday. Thats why it made me skeptical.

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It was pushed to me the second day. I have the 2gig plan and do not use email exchange server. But I do have sever email email accounts syncing.

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
lol. Clear the Cache in Device Managment again to reset that. Its showing that you bumped the days up to try and get the update.

It might not be worth getting. I read from other uses in a thread that go the update and reported that there ringtones wouldnt work at certain times and there music files would stop unexpectidly. And they had that stuff on the internal SD card to. So I dont know.

I have those issues sometimes without the update.

How do u clear cache?

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I didnt receive the update myself. But anyways to fix the problem of your phone not playing your music or tones you need to hard reset it. I used to have a problem with playing all those things and youtube but after I hard reset, my phone has been fine besides the facebook calendar sync :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have those issues sometimes without the update.

How do u clear cache?

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running. Then go down to Device Management. Clear Data and Force Stop. Then hit out.

The FaceBook Calendar Sync Issue might be an issue with FaceBooks App itself. Or were you able to do that before on an Android Device? I thought it only syncs with BlackBerry Calendars?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running. Then go down to Device Management. Clear Data and Force Stop. Then hit out.

Thanks! I'm now back to 24 hours 23 mins, but still no update.

No problem. Dont worry, join the bandwagon. Im in the same boat you are. Im not worried about it because this wasnt a big update. When and if a big update happens, then all hells gonna break loose if I cant get it lol

vicente213

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently exchanged my phone cause the hdmi would occasionally cut off. but i also had the update problem thing. still wont update on my new infuse, so who knows.

LPPanther

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So strange people are having problems...I got a notification the day it was released then looked on AC to see what the update was and installed instantly. I'm on unlimited data if that helps...

hexbyte

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my update this morning and finished installing in about 5min. No problems. Don't see any difference...
I'm on the 2gig plan if that matters...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21