Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Regarding the AT&T Update.

Anyone think that maybe the update is only pushed to certain people that have certain plans. Like the update was supposed to be for an email exchange server issue. Maybe the update only goes out to those people that actually use that? Im not sure. After doing everything possible theres nothing I can do to get this update. AT&T is telling me that there is no update for my phone? That was making me think that maybe it only goes out to people who have certain plans. Or are normally using a specific software. I dont know. Im just going out on a limb here.

I don't use email exchange, and I got the update.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

I with u I still can't get it either. I haven't called att about it though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

What kind of data plan do you have?

sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G via Tapatalk
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Grandfathered unlimited data.

I should note, that I happened to notice my phone's device management software running as soon as it started being pushed to people. It started and closed on its own once without updating, after which I manually downloaded the update.

I did all that a couple hours before anyone was posting about it on this forum, so maybe I was able to receive it due to relatively few people trying to grab it.

To note, I haven't dropped a call in my apartment yet, and prior to the update I was dropping calls left and right (still only have 1 bar in my apt at all times though).

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

What mine says now for last couple days.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Regarding the AT&T Update.-uploadfromtaptalk1307994436485.png  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

2 GB Plan & new line
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb View Post
    What mine says now for last couple days.

lol. Clear the Cache in Device Managment again to reset that. Its showing that you bumped the days up to try and get the update.

It might not be worth getting. I read from other uses in a thread that go the update and reported that there ringtones wouldnt work at certain times and there music files would stop unexpectidly. And they had that stuff on the internal SD card to. So I dont know.

Default I used att tech chat online and had them push the update

I did this because my ringtones and music would stop working and i thought maybe this was the fix....NOPE.....if you really want it...just go to att.com and talk to them through the chat option.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Yeah I did that. And there the ones that told me there was no push of an update for my phone. Did that yesterday. Thats why it made me skeptical.

It was pushed to me the second day. I have the 2gig plan and do not use email exchange server. But I do have sever email email accounts syncing.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    lol. Clear the Cache in Device Managment again to reset that. Its showing that you bumped the days up to try and get the update.

It might not be worth getting. I read from other uses in a thread that go the update and reported that there ringtones wouldnt work at certain times and there music files would stop unexpectidly. And they had that stuff on the internal SD card to. So I dont know.
    I have those issues sometimes without the update.

How do u clear cache?

I didnt receive the update myself. But anyways to fix the problem of your phone not playing your music or tones you need to hard reset it. I used to have a problem with playing all those things and youtube but after I hard reset, my phone has been fine besides the facebook calendar sync

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb View Post
    I have those issues sometimes without the update.

How do u clear cache?
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running. Then go down to Device Management. Clear Data and Force Stop. Then hit out.

The FaceBook Calendar Sync Issue might be an issue with FaceBooks App itself. Or were you able to do that before on an Android Device? I thought it only syncs with BlackBerry Calendars?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by rvrocket View Post
    It was pushed to me the second day. I have the 2gig plan and do not use email exchange server. But I do have sever email email accounts syncing.
    Maybe it has to do with your server email accounts?

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

[QUOTE=Terrigno;995379]Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running. Then go down to Device Management. Clear Data and Force Stop. Then hit out.

Thanks! I'm now back to 24 hours 23 mins, but still no update.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

[QUOTE=Scottyb;995403]
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running. Then go down to Device Management. Clear Data and Force Stop. Then hit out.

Thanks! I'm now back to 24 hours 23 mins, but still no update.
    No problem. Dont worry, join the bandwagon. Im in the same boat you are. Im not worried about it because this wasnt a big update. When and if a big update happens, then all hells gonna break loose if I cant get it lol

I recently exchanged my phone cause the hdmi would occasionally cut off. but i also had the update problem thing. still wont update on my new infuse, so who knows.

So strange people are having problems...I got a notification the day it was released then looked on AC to see what the update was and installed instantly. I'm on unlimited data if that helps...

Got my update this morning and finished installing in about 5min. No problems. Don't see any difference...
    I'm on the 2gig plan if that matters...

Got my update just a second ago
    Im in California
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nicoled985; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Updated but I don't notice any difference... Maybe it's pushed out to specific areas first... I'm in eastern NC if that helps... Oh and I finally got it today...

yeah, I just got it pushed to me a couple of hrs. ago. Maybe they stagger the OTA updates for performance reasons.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_Infused View Post
    Updated but I don't notice any difference... Maybe it's pushed out to specific areas first... I'm in eastern NC if that helps... Oh and I finally got it today...
    Im out near Raleigh. I wonder if its gonna hit me soon. This update isnt supposed to show any noticible improvements though. Its just an Email Exchange Server fix.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ROM
    Touchwiz 3.0, LauncherPro

Got my update pushed to my area about 3 hours ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast