Leaving Apple for the World of Android

Greekguyrob

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
After years of having the iPhone since day one I have decided to take a leap of faith and come over to the Android platform. My brother showed me the Samsung Infuse 4g and I was very impressed. I like the large screen on it since I love watching content on my phone right now. I know that Netflix isn't currently available for this phone yet, but are there any other apps that you would recommend I download. I use the camera on my phone a lot and apps like instagram. I get my phone in 2 weeks when I do my upgrade.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Also came from an iPhone 4 (and 3g's)...the Infuse is a an excellent phone and Android is OK but quality isn't quite there yet compared to the IOS apps. Reminds me of my "Windows Mobile v6" and old Palm OS phones I used in the past.

Give yourself a few days to play around, learn and get used to the Infuse and I think you'll end up liking it quite a bit...the Android google navigation and voice commands work very well.

Battery life will take some getting used to but you can do it.

I miss Netflix also but to be honest, the majority of movies I try to find aren't available for streaming.

4.5" is a big + for myself even though some of the text is quite thin and kinda pixelated, I haven't figured out how or which fonts might be better.

I like the Infuse a lot and am glad I made the switch.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I commend you all to stepping into the "winners" circle :) Download beautiful widgets to have a sweet HTC Sense style homescreen clock with weather :)

And JuiceDefender Plus is working really good on my battery these days :)

Greekguyrob

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I commend you all to stepping into the "winners" circle :) Download beautiful widgets to have a sweet HTC Sense style homescreen clock with weather :)

And JuiceDefender Plus is working really good on my battery these days :)

I do like the HTC Sense style homescreen lock. I'm actually using it on my IPhone 4.

Quiley

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I too made the switch and really commend everyone that has! OR will!!! I agree that android is still building and developing but have some great apps already. I love the Infuse for it's screen and capabilities. My old iphone looks so odd when you put it on top of the Infuse. I can't imagine having to go back to that size screen. I also love that it's so light for a larger device...it's like a mini-tablet!!!!

Reactions: Terrigno

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a reminder. For the new people that have jumped ship. Play with the phones for a bit. Learn what Android is like. Your on Operating System Froyo which is widespread. The Latest for an Android Phone is Gingerbread (Which hopefully we should eventually see an update). Froyo 2.2 is the masses. Eclair 2.1 was the old system and then it was Donut 1.6 before. Googles working on Ice Cream Sandwich for phones. But I dont know if that will ever come to the Infuse.

But Look around the boards. Start checking out what Android Devices are capible of. I commend you guys on jumping ship to the first AT&T Android Device that allows you to sideload apps outside of Googles Android Market. So that means you can search the web for an App (APK FILE) and download it to your phone and install it without rooting or manually sideloading. But before you do that if you intend to, read up on some things. Check out the stickys. Head on over to the Captivate Forum and look at some stuff in there also. The Captivate is like the Infuse, but it just didnt have its workout. The Infuse is a Cappy on steroids. Again. Welcome to the board guys!

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Terrigno, you always provide excellent information.

One word to Android newbies like me: check out the Amazon Android app store. They have a paid app free every day and also at times have lower prices on similar apps found in the Android Market.

Greekguyrob

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

One word to Android newbies like me: check out the Amazon Android app store. They have a paid app free every day and also at times have lower prices on similar apps found in the Android Market.

I think I read today that there is a possible security issue with the Amazon App store.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Indeed! Yes Sir. That should be the #1 app people download. Just to check it everyday for the Free App. Glow Hockey 2 Pro is free today and the first one was a SWEET Game. Definitely check that one out. Thanks for the words Egidio!

Greekguyrob

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. I'm counting down the days until I trade my iPhone 4 for the Infuse 4g. This will be the longest 12 days. I work at an office that is divided. Half of us have iPhone 4's and the other half have androids. (1 Evo 4g, a Thunerbolt and a Droid X). I've always thought the Android platform looked great. What really sold me was when my brother showed me his Infuse. I was blown away by it. He has since changed to the Droid Charge.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. I'm counting down the days until I trade my iPhone 4 for the Infuse 4g. This will be the longest 12 days. I work at an office that is divided. Half of us have iPhone 4's and the other half have androids. (1 Evo 4g, a Thunerbolt and a Droid X). I've always thought the Android platform looked great. What really sold me was when my brother showed me his Infuse. I was blown away by it. He has since changed to the Droid Charge.

Thats cool! He switch carriers? I hear of people switching out these phones like there switching carriers like its nothing? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463