OMG. I'm going to die if I don't get this phone!

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so... I'm going crazy over here. I've played with the phone twice, but now I can't stop going back to play with it. It sucks I don't have the money to get it right here and now. xD I have to wait until next month. BLAH.. im going insane!! it's so freaking gorgeous and amazing.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
When I've been in your situation, I bide my time by learning about the phone I'm going to get, what others are saying about it (tips/tricks), checking out apps, customization options, etc. That way I'm ready to go on day 1 :D

And if you plan on rooting, there's a whole world to learn about that will keep you busy.

Reactions: Terrigno

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. But not to sure if I would want to go that route. Only because if it was me, It would make me feen for it even more then I would get mad cause I dont have it lol

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
When I've been in your situation, I bide my time by learning about the phone I'm going to get, what others are saying about it (tips/tricks), checking out apps, customization options, etc. That way I'm ready to go on day 1 :D

And if you plan on rooting, there's a whole world to learn about that will keep you busy.

Oh I've been learning more and more about the phone. I spend at least 5 hours a day on this website alone listening to what people say about the phone, etc. I've been googling things about it and such as welll. If I understood what ROOTING was, I'd know even more, but I have no idea what the heck that is. lol

Indeed. But not to sure if I would want to go that route. Only because if it was me, It would make me feen for it even more then I would get mad cause I dont have it lol

I know, right?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh I've been learning more and more about the phone. I spend at least 5 hours a day on this website alone listening to what people say about the phone, etc. I've been googling things about it and such as welll. If I understood what ROOTING was, I'd know even more, but I have no idea what the heck that is. lol

Rooting is the process of gaining root. Root = Superuser permission of your phone. When you recieve your phone you essentially a guest on your own system. You can use apps make phone calls search the net but you do not have the proper permissions to change things such as icons , colors, or system properties of your phone.

Gaining root/superuser permission is done many different ways usually done by whats called an exploit(could be interpretted as a trojan but one you are applying yourself, it only executes when you tell it to). The exploit finds a hole in the phones security and takes advantage of it. Once a hole is found a file is placed inside the system and when called upon in the future the file gives you superuser permission.

There are also other means of gaining root such as flashing custom firmware that already have the needed files in place. In some cases a custom kernel needs to be installed because security holes are being found and patched by the manufacturer.

hope that helps

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is the process of gaining root. Root = Superuser permission of your phone. When you recieve your phone you essentially a guest on your own system. You can use apps make phone calls search the net but you do not have the proper permissions to change things such as icons , colors, or system properties of your phone.

Gaining root/superuser permission is done many different ways usually done by whats called an exploit(could be interpretted as a trojan but one you are applying yourself, it only executes when you tell it to). The exploit finds a hole in the phones security and takes advantage of it. Once a hole is found a file is placed inside the system and when called upon in the future the file gives you superuser permission.

There are also other means of gaining root such as flashing custom firmware that already have the needed files in place. In some cases a custom kernel needs to be installed because security holes are being found and patched by the manufacturer.

hope that helps

Great post, I didnt know what rooting was.

I just ordered my infuse today :p sorry mcdaniel

Samuri65

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Infuse for just under a month now, and really interested in rooting.
Had a real good explanation of what it is, and wonder if rooting it will change how it looks so far?

I know I am just a guest user until it's rooted, but I'm really digging the way I have it setup as of now. I know I will open the the door to a whole new world with this phone by rooting it, but would hate to lose what I've done to it so far... you know??

Thanks!!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Infuse for just under a month now, and really interested in rooting.
Had a real good explanation of what it is, and wonder if rooting it will change how it looks so far?

I know I am just a guest user until it's rooted, but I'm really digging the way I have it setup as of now. I know I will open the the door to a whole new world with this phone by rooting it, but would hate to lose what I've done to it so far... you know??

Thanks!!

By just obtaining root, you will not notice a difference. The only different thing you will notice is the Super User App (Skull with Crossbones). That means your rooted. Your phone and everything on it will all look and function the way it always has. You need root as the base of doing any customizing. Until you start doing stuff, you will notice no difference.

Reactions: mcdanielnc89