Browser

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Good morning. I absolutely love my Infuse. The only issue I've had is with the browser. It isn't always fluid. I've turned off the plug ins and it will still occasionally stick. Has anyone heard of a software update to correct? I have seen the same issue on other Infuses as well. Any mods have inside information about a software update for the Infuse?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by Fluid? The browser has to fully load all the way to not have that Honeycomb background effect show up. Set your plug ins to only start on demand. That would speed it up a bit. What do you mean by it sticks?

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
When I scroll the page, fully loaded, it sticks. It doesn't move. It is as if it is stuck. Give it a few seconds and it will continue with the previous movement. It is weird. I'm not new to Android so it is different than other devices I've used. When using plug ins on demand or all the time, it is even more pronounced. This is the only issue I have with the phone.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
When I scroll the page, fully loaded, it sticks. It doesn't move. It is as if it is stuck. Give it a few seconds and it will continue with the previous movement. It is weird. I'm not new to Android so it is different than other devices I've used. When using plug ins on demand or all the time, it is even more pronounced. This is the only issue I have with the phone.

Hmmm, sounds like a running-out-of-RAM issue. Did you happen to have lots of stuff running in the background when this happened? If not, yeah, might be an issue with a plug-in on a particular page or an otherwise very bloated page... I'd close down some apps, try different pages, maybe a different browser on the same problematic page(s)... process of elimination to figure out exactly what it is. Doesn't sound like a permanent problem though...

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin HD is amazing. One of the first apps I installed when I got it. I love having my bookmarks bar on the side at all times. L

Sent from da infuse mon!

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this is related to your problem - I find that the browser, like an etch-a-sketch, will scroll smoothly up-and-down or side-to-side but not diagonally. If I swipe the screen in a wobbly direction it picks out whether the strongest component is horizontal or vertical and goes that way.

So if I swipe with a little hook motion that starts out looking like it will go to the side, it will only respond to side-to-side motion and all up-and-down motion is ignored until I take my finger off the screen for a moment.

See if the problem goes away if you concentrate on making straight clean swipes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech