"Muffled Sounding Call Quality"
01-28-2013 11:19 PM
- Since getting the Infuse everyone has been telling me that my voice sounds muffled! This is even worse on speakerphone. I finally had someone call my home phone from my Infuse and can confirm the muffled sound... And that when on speakerphone it is harder to hear as static like noise pops in and out. Its not the network as my iphone sounds great. But then again that runs only on 3G? The Infuse appears to be adding some sort of additional mechanical like digitalness to my voice. (best way to descibe it!) This seems to be an intermediant issue as sometimes my friends say i sound good.
Anyone else here noticing this?06-24-2011 11:17 AM
- Mmmmm... Maybe i have a bad phone. i will most likely exchange it out next week.. I have also been getting locked out of my phone after a while of talking on speakphone.. None of the buttons will turn the screen on or light up. Only hanging up the phone releases it. Its like the Infuse thinks im mobile when on speakerphone and wont let me do anything but talk or hangup.. Strange??06-24-2011 01:38 PM
- Well I figured out my screen lockout issue when talking on speakerphone... I had "Use Power Button to End Call" checked marked under accessibility in the settings menu.. After talking on speakerphone and touching the volume button about six or more times to get the screen lit up again it finally freezes up the volume buttons from working to turn the screen on. Same for the four tiny lit buttons. At that point, the only button I can press to get the screen up is the power button but the call hangs up. Solution, do not Check Mark "use power button to end call"!!06-24-2011 10:39 PM
- I also have the "muffled sounding call quality" issue that comes and goes.
I came from a blackberry, where I could have the mic of the phone fairly far from my mouth (I don't like the entire phone touching my face), and call quality was great.
However, what I've come to realize on the Infuse is that my usual technique of talking on the phone (just touching my ear, not the cheek) would sometimes result in this muffled sound...if I put the phone to my face like I'm supposed to, I don't have this issue.06-25-2011 01:02 PM
- Your phone is not bad but like the post above mine said about having the phone flat against your face does help with the sound quality.Also I have mine set with the noise reduction on which not sure if it helped but I rarely have my girlfriend complain about it sounding like my voice is muffled or like I'm under water.11-02-2011 03:12 PM
- I have the same problem with my Motorola Android. After reading up it looks like either a technology or service issue. I believe the company should do a recall on their product to save face. It's my job to do interviews over the phone and I am leaving AT&T and Motorola and will not come back. I struggled with this for almost two years, and didn't fully believe it was an issue until I swapped phones with my girlfriend and heard it myself. I understood what she was saying when I anticipated her words, but when I asked her to say a line of nonsense I couldn't make out a single word. It was garbled and muffled. I was told by AT&T it's not an issue with the phone and that all they can do is run a test that might sacrifice all my data. I passed on the test and I'm also going to pass on this company, probably forever.01-28-2013 11:19 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Samsung Infuse
"Muffled Sounding Call Quality"
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD