best anti theft app?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Norton Antivirus has an App also. Whats good about it is that it lets you block certain numbers and texts. No more Bill Collectors!! lol

Reactions: GotBCI

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about Norton. I use to use the pc version until it got so big and clunky. Is the mobile version lean, mean and any good?

EboMike

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Prey for a while, and it's been working great. You can activate it via text message (or via Web in the paid version), after which point you can track it, lock it remotely, or make it emit a sound.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had both Lookout and SeekDroid. SD is a cool one to track and wipe the phone. Lookout charges for the wiping and it backs up your contacts, but that's not something you need since Google does it too. Too bad it costs money to back up your photos. I don't care about backing up my call log. Also, when Lookout scans a new app, the phone practically comes to a standstill. I hated that, plus it seemed to always be lurking in the backgound, so I disabled it.

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Theft Aware

It can be completely hidden. You access it by dialing a 4 digit code on the dialpad.

Also it uses sms commands instead of relying on data.

Supports remote wiping, locating, locking and an alarm.

also has additional settings for those with root. you can backup your settings so even if the phone is factory restored the app remains active. the only way to remove it is with a rom flash.

I got a free copy a while back from android police.

Last edited:

GotBCI

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
well if you support an app,why not drop the link as well ?
Isnt that what the internet is all about ? " E A S Y " ! ;)

GotBCI

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Norton an Mcaffee have always been bloat on user systems
AVG,Avast offer plenty of protection without the false hype hits that keep people paranoid(buying their software)
Its the 21st Century people,take them collars and leash's off your systems

I was wondering about Norton. I use to use the pc version until it got so big and clunky. Is the mobile version lean, mean and any good?

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Seekdroid..it also can remotle lock and wipe it..also needs the PW to uninstall. It can also be hidden on the device

remote lock is a mixed bag on seek droid for me.

app requires you to remove any lock screen delay you have on your phone for it to work properly. A dedicated lock feature would be nice.

lionsson

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I lost one phone about 4 months ago and since I went to look for the best absolutely unbreakable, and after months of testing only two stool out. Check them out, one of the Amazing feature is that it will locate your phone even if a Thief HARD RESETS the phone. You do need root...

My list
1. Theft Aware 2.0
2. Cerberus

Last edited:

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
maybe we should put up a poll to see which people prefer which one cause i can't seem to decide which one to get.. :'(

Lomax

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I had both Lookout and SeekDroid. SD is a cool one to track and wipe the phone. Lookout charges for the wiping and it backs up your contacts, but that's not something you need since Google does it too. Too bad it costs money to back up your photos. I don't care about backing up my call log. Also, when Lookout scans a new app, the phone practically comes to a standstill. I hated that, plus it seemed to always be lurking in the backgound, so I disabled it.
I have not had any issues with Lookout at all. It works in the background and gives you notifications in the notification bar when its either scanning or backing up stuff. I know I'm in the Infuse forum, but i have a Captivate and it does not bring my device to a standstill at all. I see no performance degradation whatsoever when its scanning or running backups. Also, it backs up your contacts like Google does, but in the case that you dont have all your contacts in your phone in your Google Contacts, then its still very helpful - atleast to me. So, for me, its a bit redundant but i'm slowly either tossing out contacts or just simply adding them to my Google Contacts. Until then, .... Lastly, it does NOT cost money to back up photos. I have the free version and all my photos on my phone are backed up.

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of Lookout Mobile. Never had to use it, and I hope to never have to. But, it backs up my contacts and photos for me...and its free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1