Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default best anti theft app?

I need help finding the best anti theft app for my infuse. What are you guys using in case it gets lost or stolen?

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

I use seekdroid. It seems to he really nice even though I hope I never need to use it.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using tapatalk

Default Re: best anti theft app?

SeekDroid.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX

+3 on seekdroid
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. Seekdroid it is!

If you're looking for an app that does more than locate your phone (e.g., backup, etc.), you could check out Lookout Mobile Security. It includes a seek function as well as backup utilities -- and it's free, too.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX
    Thanked by:
    kcrandall758 likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

seekdroid. I got if for free from amazon app store few weeks back..

Someone from the app market said seek droid doesn't work with juice defender on. Is this true?

I use "where's my droid"

It's free~!!

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Lookout mobile security, if you pay for it, can also remote lock your phone or wipe its data. Also, it makes it so it can't be uninstalled without a password (don't know if the others do this).

Why is seekdroid better than Lookout?

All of the reviews of Lookout appear stellar:

http://www.androidcentral.com/lookou...ndroid-phone-0

Well, SeekDroid does one thing. Lookout goes beyond what SeekDroid does. They're different products. I prefer Lookout now simply because it's one app that keeps track of my Infuse and also provides backups.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Quote Originally Posted by Egidio View Post
    Well, SeekDroid does one thing. Lookout goes beyond what SeekDroid does. They're different products. I prefer Lookout now simply because it's one app that keeps track of my Infuse and also provides backups.
    I have SeekDroid installed and set up... but just read the review of Lookout. Gonna check it out. Looks good.

Has anyone tried

Open source anti-theft solution for Mac, PCs & Phones – Prey

- GPS + Wifi geo-location.
    - SIM change detection.
    - SMS or Push (On Demand) activation (2.2+).
    - Lock phone/tablet for privacy (2.2+).
    - Uninstall protection (2.2+).
    - Loud alarm sound.
    - Alert messages to user.

Is Lookout or Seekdroid better?
    Last edited by sirdomino; 07-09-2011 at 03:41 PM.

sirdomino, from what I can see on the link you provided, this app only tracks the device. If that's right, it would be similar to SeekDroid. I've used SeekDroid and Lookout. I have now deleted SeekDroid and only use Lookout. Besides tracking, the backup functionality -- even in the free version -- is very good and satisfactory to my needs.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Egidio View Post
    sirdomino, from what I can see on the link you provided, this app only tracks the device. If that's right, it would be similar to SeekDroid. I've used SeekDroid and Lookout. I have now deleted SeekDroid and only use Lookout. Besides tracking, the backup functionality -- even in the free version -- is very good and satisfactory to my needs.
    I've had my phone for about 3 days now. The only Lookout I can find in the market is free. What am I missing?

I"m using the free app, too.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post
    I've had my phone for about 3 days now. The only Lookout I can find in the market is free. What am I missing?
    You download the free version and it gives you the full features for 14 days or so. In order to access various features like remote lock or alert you have to create an account on their website.

After 14 days if you do not sign up to pay via their website, they disable the extra features. This still leaves you with the track, alert and backup features, just not the remote lock and some of the other features. But there is only one app you download.

Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    You download the free version and it gives you the full features for 14 days or so. In order to access various features like remote lock or alert you have to create an account on their website.

After 14 days if you do not sign up to pay via their website, they disable the extra features. This still leaves you with the track, alert and backup features, just not the remote lock and some of the other features. But there is only one app you download.
    TYVM for the info. Sounds like a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post

Actually, you can keep the free version with several features. The paid version is for additional features if you choose to add them. You can select only the freebies via Lookout's web site. That is the one I'm using and it's not costing me anything.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Norton Antivirus has an App also. Whats good about it is that it lets you block certain numbers and texts. No more Bill Collectors!! lol
    Thanked by:
    GotBCI 

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Yeah Norton has it as well but Lookout does a better job detecting malware than Norton does.

I was wondering about Norton. I use to use the pc version until it got so big and clunky. Is the mobile version lean, mean and any good?

I've been using Prey for a while, and it's been working great. You can activate it via text message (or via Web in the paid version), after which point you can track it, lock it remotely, or make it emit a sound.

I had both Lookout and SeekDroid. SD is a cool one to track and wipe the phone. Lookout charges for the wiping and it backs up your contacts, but that's not something you need since Google does it too. Too bad it costs money to back up your photos. I don't care about backing up my call log. Also, when Lookout scans a new app, the phone practically comes to a standstill. I hated that, plus it seemed to always be lurking in the backgound, so I disabled it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast