How do you add movies?

legnaz

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to put a hi def mkv movie on my phone, but it says file too large. What size and type of file does the phone support?

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Try putting it on the sd card and not the phones storage. However big your sd card is will determine what you can put on it.

Sent from da infuse mon!

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
does it support .avi?

Yes, the Infuse supports avi files. What I do is - connect my device to my PC via USB cable, select "mass storage" for the function, right click an copy on the files on my PC, paste it to a "movies" folder on my SD card which is still in the device while I am doing this. Sometimes, the newly added file will NOT show up when I open "Video player". If not, I just open the file by going to "my files". After it's been opened once, it will start appearing under the "Video Player"

On a side note, I've found watching movies on the Infuse to be a lot more enjoyable than I had thought it was going to be. I thought it would be hard to switch from my laptop, that I normally carry to work, to using the mobile only. It wasn't, at all. I rarely carry my laptop to work, now, and hardly ever miss it :)

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Infuse supports avi files. What I do is - connect my device to my PC via USB cable, select "mass storage" for the function, right click an copy on the files on my PC, paste it to a "movies" folder on my SD card which is still in the device while I am doing this. Sometimes, the newly added file will NOT show up when I open "Video player". If not, I just open the file by going to "my files". After it's been opened once, it will start appearing under the "Video Player"

On a side note, I've found watching movies on the Infuse to be a lot more enjoyable than I had thought it was going to be. I thought it would be hard to switch from my laptop, that I normally carry to work, to using the mobile only. It wasn't, at all. I rarely carry my laptop to work, now, and hardly ever miss it :)
awesome

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello from the from the mess that is the Droid Bionic forums! I had the chance to play with and setup email on a co-worker's Infuse today, nice phone!

I currently have a Droid Charge and have put some HD videos on it, they were LIFE blu-ray disc rips, they would play but i did not get any sound. Here is a couple things I learned:

1. The Android OS runs the SD card only in FAT32 and FAT32 can only have files of 3.5 gig or smaller (or close to that), most HD videos/movies are more than this :(

2. Android also cannot decode HD codecs, like DTS HD or AC3, which is why if you do have a video that can "fit" on the SD card that is HD in .MKV format it still won't play the sound. :'(

I do have "Sucker Punch" in HD in .AVI format on my SD card and it plays sound, so it can play HD videos/movies with sound they just have to be in a different format than .MKV and have a codec that the media player can decode. I would also note there are some media players on the android market that are supposed to play .MKV with sound as they can decode the audio but the free trial one i tried, although nice looking, was very laggy and did not play the audio, but there may be a free or paid one out there.

Hope this helps.

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello from the from the mess that is the Droid Bionic forums! I had the chance to play with and setup email on a co-worker's Infuse today, nice phone!

I currently have a Droid Charge and have put some HD videos on it, they were LIFE blu-ray disc rips, they would play but i did not get any sound. Here is a couple things I learned:

1. The Android OS runs the SD card only in FAT32 and FAT32 can only have files of 3.5 gig or smaller (or close to that), most HD videos/movies are more than this :(

2. Android also cannot decode HD codecs, like DTS HD or AC3, which is why if you do have a video that can "fit" on the SD card that is HD in .MKV format it still won't play the sound. :'(

I do have "Sucker Punch" in HD in .AVI format on my SD card and it plays sound, so it can play HD videos/movies with sound they just have to be in a different format than .MKV and have a codec that the media player can decode. I would also note there are some media players on the android market that are supposed to play .MKV with sound as they can decode the audio but the free trial one i tried, although nice looking, was very laggy and did not play the audio, but there may be a free or paid one out there.

Hope this helps.
i added a ripped DUE DATE in .WMV format but in DROID X format and it plays ok. The sound is alittle off.

gurlcj

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
ok. I am new to all this. I transfered a movie from my computer to my droid charge. movie plays great but with no sound. how can I get the sound to work? ???

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
This is good to know that the infuse supports avi format.I tried it, but it didn't work, so I ended up using a video converter to turn my movies into an MP4 format then made a video folder in my sd card to transfer them to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol