Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default LG Thrill Arriving at Retail Stores!!

Hey all. I work in an ATT COR store. Just a heads up we just received our first LG Thrill rotation device. A rotation device is one that the store receives and gives to an employee to use so he/she can become an "expert" on them.

What I can tell you is that we are def getting ready to launch. I can't see it going past another 2 weeks before launch because we don't normally get rotation devices until a week before launch. Pretty exciting time for Android!

P.S. It won't let me upload the picture I took...wtf AC?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG Thrill Arriving at Retail Stores!!-lg_thrill4g.jpg  

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Good timing if it really is about to launch. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an Atrix, but decided to give it until the middle of August to check this thing out.
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Re: LG Thrill Arriving at Retail Stores!!

i will send the pic to a editor so maybe they can post the pic for me

Picture was too big. (needs to be under 976k). Shrunk it a bit and posted for ya.

THANKS!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    Picture was too big. (needs to be under 976k). Shrunk it a bit and posted for ya.

THANKS!
    thanks you the man!

Quote Originally Posted by mhop2 View Post
    thanks you the man!
    You the lucky fellow who gets to use this one?

Hell of a phone IMO
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

No unfortunately not lol. I took the last rotation device that we got... the Samsung Infuse. I don't know if I would want to swap it out for Thrill. Not because its a bad device but because I'm so addicted to the Infuse. The 3D on the Thrill works well but It does take some getting used to. It is def a great piece of hardware!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

My brother works at AT&T. He got to bring home the Thrill today to learn about it.
    He was told they are releasing it August 7th.

He is a little walkthrough video of it.
    It was 2.2.2 on it.

and Here is a 3D shot with the camera.

ive got mine. Thought it was supposed to have gingerbread at launch though? Coming from infuse also. No swype. Huge loss. Using slide it app for now

Seems as though its gettin pushed back to aug 21st now?? is this all true? is it only for radio shack? is the AT&T stores still gona have it on the 7th? or maby even tomorrow the 31st?? and whats up with it only havin HSPA+ 14.4 MBS i hear???? and the samsung infuse i hear has HSPA+ 21 MBS??? thats just crazy its newer and has slower speed, can HSPA+ speeds be increased with updates? cause i hear other companies can do up to 24 MBS on their HSPA+ and T MOBILE can like 42-48 MBS on HSPA+ if they can be upgraded it dont matter if not might as well wate for a real LTE phone.

And this is for MHOP2, i droped my phone last night and it woulnt come on i have tons of phone numbers on it i need i dont know a single one of them and i tried hooking it up to computer with usb cable and the computer dont even reconise it and i tried the sim in another phone and its not showin ne numbers on it so un less for some reason since the other phone is old or something it cant show them or maby i never even backed them up on the sim and they are all on the phone it self cause every time i put a new number in it gave 2 options as where to save it and i would always pick save as outlook contact so i guess that put it right on the phone not the sim. is there ne way to get my numbers they are work contacts that ill never be able to get back un less they call me out of the blue witch might be never, cause a lot are ones i call to give out new info and orders and stuff it really sucks, and last can the AT&T store get them off if i take it in, the phone aint destroyed just dont come on so all the info has to be in there..... thanks in advance.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OpTiKaWn View Post
    And this is for MHOP2, i droped my phone last night and it woulnt come on i have tons of phone numbers on it i need i dont know a single one of them and i tried hooking it up to computer with usb cable and the computer dont even reconise it and i tried the sim in another phone and its not showin ne numbers on it so un less for some reason since the other phone is old or something it cant show them or maby i never even backed them up on the sim and they are all on the phone it self cause every time i put a new number in it gave 2 options as where to save it and i would always pick save as outlook contact so i guess that put it right on the phone not the sim. is there ne way to get my numbers they are work contacts that ill never be able to get back un less they call me out of the blue witch might be never, cause a lot are ones i call to give out new info and orders and stuff it really sucks, and last can the AT&T store get them off if i take it in, the phone aint destroyed just dont come on so all the info has to be in there..... thanks in advance.
    if you saved them as Outlook contacts you should be good. All you have to do is get another phone and add your outlook email address to your new phone. Make sure the option to sync contacts w/ outlook is turned on and it should pull your contacts to your phone. let me know if you have any other ?s
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OpTiKaWn View Post
    Seems as though its gettin pushed back to aug 21st now?? is this all true? is it only for radio shack? is the AT&T stores still gona have it on the 7th? or maby even tomorrow the 31st??
    Its def not coming out tomorrow lol. Stores don't have stock for consumers yet, just the demo phones. Hopefully it will most likely come out the 7th or 14th. like i stated in the op we normally dont get demo phones earlier than 2 weeks
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jgarcia6374 View Post
    ive got mine. Thought it was supposed to have gingerbread at launch though? Coming from infuse also. No swype. Huge loss. Using slide it app for now

I didn't check for gingerbread. I will check that later (unless any other ATT employee in this thread can help me out with this)

Swype can be downloaded to the phone. just make sure unknown sources is checked so you can download non market apps

Phone unfortunately comes with Android 2.2.2 on it right now. I am currently using one and I have to say, I'm rather disappointed. First and foremost, LG's skin is seriously just a slight tweak of TouchWiz and it's equally as ugly. ADW.EX makes it a little better, but I would like to see CyanogenMod 7 on this as soon as possible.

Also, I don't know if it's my unit or not, but touch screen responsiveness leaves a lot to desire. Holding down on the screen to bring up the pop up window for changing wallpapers and adding widgets doesn't work half the time. I just hit the menu key and choose add from there. Speaking of menu key, the capacitive buttons on the bottom below the screen are just as flaky. There's also a noticeable 4-5 second delay from when you hit the power button before the screen turns on as well.

I'm hoping they delayed the phone to release either a maintenance release or just to push Gingerbread out to it. At this point it is definitely not ready for general release.

That's just my lists of complaints so far, but there are some definite positives about the device. The build quality feels nice and sturdy with a nice soft touch coat on the entire device to make it not slip out of your hand. And as for the processor? It's plenty fast. I have not experienced any lag whatsoever. I came from an Atrix as my work device to this and it's a drastic improvement speed wise (except that the Atrix has Gingerbread).

Just wanted to give some feedback on this phone in case anyone is on the fence about it.

*EDIT*
    I'm starting to hate it a little bit more. The Netflix 1.3 APK that works on the Xoom and pretty much everything else downloads and installs fine, but as soon as you open it up it crashes. Doesn't even load up the login screen or anything. And to top it off, Google Music beta doesn't work. I cannot stream any of the music to this device. It works fine on my Atrix, Droid, and Xoom.
    Last edited by BloodiedWraith; 07-31-2011 at 10:06 AM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BloodiedWraith View Post
    There's also a noticeable 4-5 second delay from when you hit the power button before the screen turns on as well.

I'm hoping they delayed the phone to release either a maintenance release or just to push Gingerbread out to it. At this point it is definitely not ready for general release.
    Most LG phones have this issue. LG VU, LG CF360, and others have this issue

Quote Originally Posted by mhop2 View Post
    Its def not coming out tomorrow lol. Stores don't have stock for consumers yet, just the demo phones. Hopefully it will most likely come out the 7th or 14th. like i stated in the op we normally dont get demo phones earlier than 2 weeks
    August 3 spoke with 4 different corporate stores today and all of them stated that the lg thrill is still on for August 7

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Any word on if they are actually releasing tomorrow?
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

We do not have a new launch date at the moment. Everything has changed to "Coming Soon" from August 7th. I hope they release a MR for this device ASAP. They should not release it until they actually do. It's horribly buggy at this point.

We do not have a new launch date at the moment. Everything has changed to "Coming Soon" from August 7th. I hope they release a MR for this device ASAP. They should not release it until they actually do. It's horribly buggy at this point.
    I take it you work at a retail store?
    Blackberry 8900>Samsung Captivate>Motorola Atrix>LG Thrill 4G (3D)>Samsung Skyrocket>SGS3>Galaxy Note II>Note III

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jgarcia6374 View Post
    It doesn't come with Swype, but I installed it on mine. I'm using the Beta and it's working flawlessly.

The LG Thrill isn't shipping with Gingerbread, unfortunately, but LG claims an update should be out in September/October.

Also, I don't know if it's my unit or not, but touch screen responsiveness leaves a lot to desire. Holding down on the screen to bring up the pop up window for changing wallpapers and adding widgets doesn't work half the time. I just hit the menu key and choose add from there. Speaking of menu key, the capacitive buttons on the bottom below the screen are just as flaky. There's also a noticeable 4-5 second delay from when you hit the power button before the screen turns on as well.

That's so odd. I haven't had any problems with my LG Thrill's touch screen. I was using the Moto Atrix before getting this, and it's just as responsive. I haven't noticed any problems with the capacitive buttons. I did notice the delay in pressing the power button though.

I also agree with you the build quality is excellent. It's slightly on the heavy side, but it feels good in your hand.

PS, when I updated my old Atrix to Gingerbread, it started slowed down painfully. The lag was horrible. I'm hoping it was just a fluke and won't be the same when the Thrill gets updated to GB.
    Last edited by grantith; 08-23-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Just got this phone today! Coming from a 9800 torch and 9000 bold, wow! Really love the screen real estate and colors. I hope this gets gingerbread update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by soulenigma View Post
    Just got this phone today! Coming from a 9800 torch and 9000 bold, wow! Really love the screen real estate and colors. I hope this gets gingerbread update soon.
    Was promised inside of 30 days after launch by AT&T. So, I hope they hold to that.
    Blackberry 8900>Samsung Captivate>Motorola Atrix>LG Thrill 4G (3D)>Samsung Skyrocket>SGS3>Galaxy Note II>Note III