Polaris Office?!

Paintpro1

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
2nd stupid question here from the newbie... I found Polaris Office recent as an icon (app) loaded on my device, but it seems to do nothing. I went to the Infraware site and it tells about it but NOT how to use it or access it to push docs - what am I missing here?

eslteacher

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question! I don't understand where the documents came from on my phone when I opened Polaris and I can't seem to delete them or do anything with the program. There's no Instructions for Use either....help!:confused:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My guess is this is a lite version of polaris office app which comes included with your phone. This is a pretty common thing these days as more and more business users are adopting android devices, the carriers and manufacturers are including lite versions of office apps so those users can read email attachments.

The app would come installed in /system/app which means unless you root, you can't remove it. Regarding why opening it does nothing, this is just a hunch but it could be a lite version which may only able to read documents, not edit or create new.

It's not uncommon for a company to include a lite app that can only read documents but typically they hide the icon so it doesnt show in the app drawer. The other thing they do is include a lite version, and keep the icon visible, but when you click it you are presented with the option to buy a full license, otherwise the lite version will only allow reading of docs.

Sounds like there may be a mix up here where you have a lite version, without the option to buy a license, so clicking the icon does nothing, yet the icon is still visible.

I don't own this phone guys so i'm giving you my best guess based off owning and developing for many many phones.

Last edited: