Nexus S VS LG Thrill

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend wants to get a new phone and she is debating between the Nexus S and the LG Thrill. At this moment she has a Samsung Captivate, but she wants a FFC and a phone that has working GPS. She originally had the HTC Aria but then upgraded to the Captivate so she is familiar with Android.

Mike

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I've got both here.
I don't try to hide the fact that the Nexus S is my favorite Android phone, but that shouldn't mean diddly squat to your girlfriend :p

The GSM Nexus S is pretty bug free. It has the latest version of Android, and was used to build it so it runs very nice. Everything works, including GPS and FFC with Google Talk. (GPS issues on Galaxy S phones were hardware, you can tear them open and "adjust" the antenna to fix them). You won't have to wait on AT&T to get any updates for the OS, but they will be the final word on radio updates. The Nexus S has NFC, if that matters to you, and a really nice SAMOLED screen.

The LG Thrill (and I'm basing this on the dev model Optimus 3D that LG gave us here at the site) is an amazing piece of hardware. It's solid, soft touch and brushed steel. 3D works surprisingly well, and most everyone agrees that it has more depth and better viewing angles than the EVO 3D. The hardware is the most future proof of any phone yet sold, with dual channel ram and a dual channel mobo. If you monkey with the software a bit, it's the fastest Android phone out there. But the software leaves a little to be desired. LG has a new Optimus UI, which reminds me a lot of Touchwiz -- both in appearance as well as performance. It can be a little laggy, uses a good many resources, and is rough on the battery. All this is easy to fix with root, but not everyone wants to root their phone. Does it ruin the experience? Heck no. It's still a very nice phone, just not all that it could be. LG has already updated the UI twice since May, and supposedly will have Gingerbread for it this quarter. The folks at CyanogenMod are already working on it, and have a bootable version ready.

I'll be happy to try and answer any specific questions, but in the end either choice is a good one in my opinion :)

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all she still cant decide with the answers but shes feels either way she goes she will be happy @gbhil is the LG Thrill the same size as the lg revolution?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thrill is also 99.99 for a new contract which is an insane price for such a beast phone.

I was gonna mention this too. Have your gf think about what she uses her phone for most or wants to use and base the decision on that with the capabilities of each phone.

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
She probably going to go with the thrill for the dual core and 3D but if its not released within the next two weeks she will just get the Nexus S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci