AT&T raising device insurance premium

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got a mailer telling me the insurance if going up from $4.99 to 6.99 starting October 2011. Just an fyi.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
In some cases, maybe, but not always. I had a customer back 45 minutes after buying her brand new Samsung Galaxy S 4G with the scrern cracked like nobody's business. And $130 is a lot less than $400 to buy another one in store.

I think it just depends on what you're buying and especially where you're buying it from.

kc8flb

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
In some cases, maybe, but not always. I had a customer back 45 minutes after buying her brand new Samsung Galaxy S 4G with the scrern cracked like nobody's business. And $130 is a lot less than $400 to buy another one in store.

I think it just depends on what you're buying and especially where you're buying it from.

Its playing the lottery and the odds are always stacked against you. You would never buy the same phone brand new from the carrier. You would buy a used or new one off of ebay/craigslist. By the time you would normally need insurance, most replacements are almost worth nothing in the open market.

There is always one story about the person who breaks the phone on the first day, but that is not going to happen to you unless you are they type of person who lets hit by lightning multiple times.

The reason the insurance goes up is to pay for all the fraudalent scam claims people use to get new phones. The honest people pay for the scammers.

Kinda like much of the government programs and welfare.

Insurance is always an awesome deal for the insurance company who collects your $$$$

Asaroth2010

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Its playing the lottery and the odds are always stacked against you. You would never buy the same phone brand new from the carrier. You would buy a used or new one off of ebay/craigslist. By the time you would normally need insurance, most replacements are almost worth nothing in the open market.

There is always one story about the person who breaks the phone on the first day, but that is not going to happen to you unless you are they type of person who lets hit by lightning multiple times.

The reason the insurance goes up is to pay for all the fraudalent scam claims people use to get new phones. The honest people pay for the scammers.

Kinda like much of the government programs and welfare.

Insurance is always an awesome deal for the insurance company who collects your $$$$
I had my captivate two weeks and ran it over with a forklift, good thing I bought the insurance. I had just made my first payment when it happened talk about dodging a bullet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01