Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Security Deposit

Does anyone know the maximum AT&T will ask for a security deposit on a new line of service?

Default Re: AT&T Security Deposit

Don't know if it's the maximum, but they wanted $150 per line from My daughter and son-in-law.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

It used to be a maximum of $500, though I don't know anyone who was asked to go that high. Most anyone I know that was asked to pay one was around $150.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk.
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

I had to pay around $150 for mine, and that was about 6 months ago.

Back in 2002 they asked me for an $800 deposit. I was 18,I guess a lot of young'uns at the time had screwed them over or something. Needless to say I stuck with prepaid for a while.

I'm sure things have changed since then.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Deposit? For what? I'm completely lost

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by johntimoteo View Post
    Deposit? For what? I'm completely lost

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Deposits are in case the customer doesn't pay for their service. It's stupid but all major carriers do this.

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

Based on credit? I've never had to leave a deposit. Even when I was 17 and getting Cingular back in 2000 :/

They really ask to leave them $150?

I know Sprint and T-Mobile don't do this. But Sprint did give me a spending limit of $150/month, which my bill never went above $80.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    I know Sprint and T-Mobile don't do this. But Sprint did give me a spending limit of $150/month, which my bill never went above $80.
    I thought Sprint had a limit of $250? Guess I could be wrong. Then again j didn't need one too.

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

18 year old me was asked for a $500 deposit so went with a att prepaid for a few years then had no deposit when i was 21.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

I work as an Indirect selling both AT&T and Verizon. I've actually seen AT&T deposits up to $750 and yes that was for ONE line. Blew me away. Most of the ones I have seen were $350.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison