Thinking of going to att.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just like it says. What I really want to know is which phone has better reception.
Atrix 2
Galaxy s2 (not the big one)

I don't care about anything else since damn near all the phones get rooted and rom'd. All I want to know is which one has a better antennae.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I have an AT&T phone - HTC Ispire 4G since February. Love the phone, hate AT&T...- calls drop, unreliable reception and they nickle and dime you with SMS. I live in the New York area.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Out of those, it would be close. My original Attic had fantastic reception, and the SGS2 is pretty much regarded as the best ATT has to offer, at least where I live.

I very rarely dropped a call on my Atrix, and I live in rural Wisconsin. The only time I seem to drop, I expect it, and its in areas where nobody really has good service.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T phone - HTC Ispire 4G since February. Love the phone, hate AT&T...- calls drop, unreliable reception and they nickle and dime you with SMS. I live in the New York area.

I don't seem to have too many issues out there when I visit, but I expect some due to the nature of radio waves and large piles of concrete.

As for SMS, how are they nickel and diming you? The plans are pretty straight forward. Unlimited, use as many as you want. Tiered, pay for your overages. Its pretty easy to keep track.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
As for SMS, how are they nickel and diming you? The plans are pretty straight forward. Unlimited, use as many as you want. Tiered, pay for your overages. Its pretty easy to keep track.

Perhaps I used an incorrect terminology: they eliminated the $10 a month for a 1000 SMS and now you MUST buy the unlimited... I dropped it all together and use Google Voice text messaging and WhatsApp Messenger.

Before AT&T, I had T-Mobile and Verizon and never had the type of problems I now have with AT&T.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Inspire does the same thing in heavy urban areas. My Atrix and iPhone 4 never seemed to be too bad.

My Verizon work phone almost got whipped out the window into Time Square. Not sure if it was phone or service. It was a Blackberry.

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I used an incorrect terminology: they eliminated the $10 a month for a 1000 SMS and now you MUST buy the unlimited... I dropped it all together and use Google Voice text messaging and WhatsApp Messenger.

Before AT&T, I had T-Mobile and Verizon and never had the type of problems I now have with AT&T.

I have no problems in NYC (Original Atrix). My gf has some reception issues though (iPhone 4), though the issues are in different places. When we had Verizon, she had problems in her office, but full signal with the iPhone. Weird.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I have no problems in NYC (Original Atrix). My gf has some reception issues though (iPhone 4), though the issues are in different places. When we had Verizon, she had problems in her office, but full signal with the iPhone. Weird.
I am not so much concerned with with the strength of the signal - it's the dropped calls!

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't helpful that as of right now I could get a 6 gig tethering plan with Verizon for only 5 bucks more than the 4 gig option on att. Decisions decisions

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it to get the unlimited plan with Att? After hearing about the throttling I'm wondering what real world speeds are after the 2 gigs and whether or not its better just to pay for 4.

my phone sent this message and I had nothing to do with it.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You can't get the unlimited plan anymore if you're a new subscriber, AFAIK. That's part of the point of throttling--they're trying to drive the people with grandfathered unlimited data into migrating to a tiered data plan with no throttling.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Soooo I found a nexus one and a nexus s running Att bands for 3g. The s is 25 bucks more. But the one will always hold a special place. I may get one of those and forget the contract. Anybody actually use both that can give me some input on reception?

my phone sent this message and I had nothing to do with it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Just like it says. What I really want to know is which phone has better reception.
Atrix 2
Galaxy s2 (not the big one)

I don't care about anything else since damn near all the phones get rooted and rom'd. All I want to know is which one has a better antennae.

either phone has excellent reception (first hand experience here) but I have to give this one to Motorola as they INVENTEd the cel phone and over the years have always found that that Motorola and RIM (Blackberry) have had the best reception of any phones I have had.