1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts

Default best way to get out of term fees

Looking to switch networks. IN hawaii the coverage says its great on a map but its really not. Dropped calls on both the phones. iPhone and Galaxy S2. My friend on the other hand has Verizon (razr and iPhone) and never drops calls and it getting blazing 4G speeds.

What's the best way to end the contract without paying the fees or even a way to make them smaller.

Call after ever network issue.
    After a month request leaving because they have breached the contact by not giving you service.
    Also, if you have CarrierIQ,... Request leaving do to privacy issues.
    If that doesn't work, send them $10/mo toward the ETF & call it a day.
    HTH

Swyped on my Droid Bionic, sent via Tapatalk.
    Me: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted | Wife: Motorola Droid X - Update Broke Root
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Stock | Daughter: Motorola Droid 2 - Rooted
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts

Good ideas. How do I know if I have carrier IQ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Android market, search CarrierIQ...
    Lookout Mobile Security made an app

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default Re: best way to get out of term fees

I was in a ATT store the other day and heard a agent talking to someone about how if you roam too much ATT will cancel your contract since it will cost them too much. Not sure if its possible to roam where you are but that is a option to get out of a contract without paying a etf.
    Thanked by:

Also, ETF shrinks each month you are in contract.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

I am in the exact same boat. Same phones even!
    Don't give in... The contract is only effective if they can provide you a service in return.
    I am trying a MicroCell and if that does not work, I'm bailing out.
    I agree to call in every time you get problems, and also call on engineers to come out and do a site survey. Be persistent!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FastKatt View Post
    After a month request leaving because they have breached the contact by not giving you service.

I'm sorry sir, but this comment is such dribble. Please re-read the Terms & Conditions, you will see your statement is not accurate.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by eban44 View Post
    I was in a ATT store the other day and heard a agent talking to someone about how if you roam too much ATT will cancel your contract since it will cost them too much. Not sure if its possible to roam where you are but that is a option to get out of a contract without paying a etf.
    This is try among all carriers. There is an unknown % rate of calls on network vs off network (roaming), and once you reach the threshold of roaming more than they allow, you will be notified.

Do take caution with this route. At the first notification, be sure to port out, or they will simply just shut your line down on the date given within the notification. You can't port a number that's not active.

I'm sure there are some 'aps' out there to force roam. That would be a start.

But again, proceed with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but this comment is such dribble. Please re-read the Terms & Conditions, you will see your statement is not accurate.
    I was able to leave AT&T because of this.
    You have a contract, they offer you CELLULAR SERVICE.
    If you don't get your service, they have breached the contract.
    Try not to come off as such a tool the next time you quote one of my replies, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    I stumbled upon this method as well to get out of my contract with Verizon! I hope it was a good choice to go to at&t...

Sent from my SAMSUNG Skyrocket using Tapatalk