soon to be new to android

kc66

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I've been a blackberry/verizon person for years. I'm having to quit verizon due to poor coverage(its bad enough they are eating the early disconnect charge) and am switching to AT&T. My wife just got an Atrix2 and loves it. I like a physical keyboard but its not a deal buster.

I have to have a phone that has good reception for my job (physician) but beyond that I mostly do calendar/email stuff. I don't text a lot and w/ a blackberry aps haven't been a big deal but am sure that will change.

I am interested in recommendations on phone selection and tablet selection. Also, is there an advantage/disadvantage to a carrier tablet or just buying one from a store?

Thank you for the input

kc66

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
For keyboard, I'd go with Samsung Captivate Glide, it's really the best option on AT&T for a full featured Android devices.
Non keyboard your top phones are Samsung Galaxy SII/Skyrocket, HTC Vivid or your wife's choice, the Atrix 2.
I can't really comment on on-contract tablets however, as I bought a Galaxy Tab outright and don't use it on a data plan.

If money isn't an issue I'd recommend ordering a Samsung Galaxy Note from one of the online sources and kill two birds with one stone since its niche is Tablet/Phone. Google it, it's impressive even without LTE. There's ror it will be announced January at CES but if you're like most of us..who can wait that long?!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree the Captivate Glide is the vest full keyboard device If you can sacrafuce that consider the Vivid and Skyrocket. Atrix II is nice but honestly it's old tech.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay