May be Switching to At&t. What phone to choose?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile. I may be switching to At&t but i don't know what phone to get.
My all time favorite is the GS2. I want it, but i might not get it because of the price. So i need help choosing.
First, it has to be a Android. I'd prefer a powerful one (my OV has a 600mhz processor, i need to move on xD) Dual core is a Huge Plus. I really want a BIG dev community for whatever phone i choose. My OV has a big dev community and i love it. Android 2.3+. I really dont like any of those Galaxy variants like the mini, ace, etc.
Um, i can't think of anymore "requirements" when i do, I'll edit and add them in.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
For price and power, the Atrix 4G or 2 are nice options. I'm using the HTC Inspire which is a good choice since the xperia play's games will work on it since they share the exact same hardware (sense will bog down this phone main reason why the benchmarks are different but games will still play flawlessly) The Thrill 4G is a good option if you like LG UI...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks. Appreciate your answer.
Im not too big on getting the first version of something when the seconds out.
I have no idea how LGs UI is, and I've heard alot of crappy things of Sense.
I'd most likely root whatever phone i get.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you don't know how much I agree.
I want the GS2 badly, but I'm short on money lol.
I'll check the comparison now.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Gs2 is cheap at Walmart. Maybe trade in you're old phone at radio shack or target for credit towards it.

MACKSnare519

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The ATRIX 2 is really just as good as the GS2. The difference in the benchmarks is really just nickpicking, IMO. There's differences in screen technology and what is put on top of the OS. But for a much cheaper price tag, it was a no brainer for me.

Here's a video on YouTube that puts the two in a challenge, this helped me make my decision. Hope it helps you, as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDDr92YRek&feature=related

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Walmart PAID ME $10 to upgrade to the GSII in December.
Just keep a lookout for deals, sales and rebates. Amazon also has good deals going on for new customers right now, as does Best Buy, got an email from both this morning actually.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
1 HTC Vivid
2. Samsung Galaxy S II (Skyrocket)
3 LG Nitro.

I would take a closer look at these. If you liked the UI on your other phones the Nitro would be a good choice, but IMHO the Vivid is the best phone on AT&T

If you are looking to spend a little less money the LG Thrill, Samsung Infusel and Atrix 1&2 are worth a look.

I personally wouldn't choose the Inspire. In my personal experience (work demo phone) the cellular radio in it is mediocre at best.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, price really isn't a problem anymore. Paying for a phone will be worth it, going for a contract is too. I learned that the hard way...
Now to choose what i want. I'm in between At&t and Tmo. If i go with At&t, itll be either the GS2 or the skyrocket. If i pick Tmo, then the Skyrocket is out.

Unless... there's something better.