Current AT&T users: happy or unhappy?

thatmetaldude

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My family has been with AT&T su since earphones and then it switched to Cingular then back to AT&T and I got grand fathered in. But I've tried Verizon, sprint, and t-mobile and went back to AT&T.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: current AT&T users. happy? not happy?

I've also had no problems with AT&T, tried the others and had to come back to AT&T. Just wish they still had unlimited data, maybe it'll come back since T-Mobile has unlimited now.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Very happy,get 10Mbs average where ever i go. Live down south in Nc. Lte,fast phone.? Sickk..

Edit: oh,i forgot to mention im paying $75 for unlimmited talk and text,and 4.5Gbs of data lol. At&t > Sprint.
At sprint,data speeds always less then 1Mb. Lowest i saw was 12Kbs. Slowest on at&t iv seen is 6Mbs. I love at&t.
Sent from my super awe-esome Htc one x:)

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm happy with everything except the lack of options with their texting plans.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Its been 8 months and no complaints from my end. However I am sure they have there cons like any other carrier. Just depends on what you wanna deal with!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

No complaints since 08 that o can think of. Cheap but great service.

Although I'm impatiently waiting for LTE...

bravmo

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

Have had At&t for 8 years - travel the country's works great everywhere except in my house in Dallas---outside great!
Using a iPhone 3gs---switching to a note2

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

I just switched to AT&T last week. I have had them before, I never really liked their customer service but I want to be able to buy and use unlocked phones when I want. So far so good. Add long as I don't have top call customer service. The LET speeds have been really good. Faster than Verizon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I've also had no problems with AT&T, tried the others and had to come back to AT&T. Just wish they still had unlimited data, maybe it'll come back since T-Mobile has unlimited now.

The only reason t mobile has unlimited is they are last of the carriers

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

It all depends where you mostly use your phone and how close to a tower. I switched from Verizon to AT&T and no regrets. Verizon was so bad that I had no choice.

AT&T is upgrading their network and expect them to be the best soon. I would avoid Sprint at all costs. Verizon is great as long as you have good LTE access; if not, expect pathetic 3G speeds.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Number one sprint is number one in call quality and 2 unlimited lte and improved 3g data no thank u att I don't like sharing

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

1homeboy

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually your on wi fi there but wouldn't matter .... The difference would be even greater actually so...... I left sprint when they sold me a brand new gnex work bad radios and wouldn't replace w/new gnex.......although I am trying figure the bill out ....is 4g lte all the way down here on Dixie! And att support has dropped there drawers and bent over as far as they could everytime I've called! (bill adj.'s) uploadfromtaptalk1350976769950.jpg

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Any Toledo ohio/Detroit,MI customers here? And do you have good coverage? I live in Toledo work in Detroit that's why I ask.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy with everything except the lack of options with their texting plans.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion
OK what you mean 39.99 for unlimited or nothing I pay 107 a month got 450 minits unlimited text free calling to all carriers UNLIMITED DATA;)

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
current AT&T users. happy? not happy?

I just do the $30 unlimited data that AT&T grandfathered me in to. I have an iPhone 4 and the AT&T rep said I can switch phones without losing the plan.

I have a family talk plan at 700 minutes which we barely use. I do get free text with iPhone users so I only pay for 200txt but may have to boost that up.

I haven't experienced 4G or LTE in Jacksonville though it is available. I'm waiting for the Android event to decide on SG3, Note 2 or Nexus 4.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

The one x plus is coming soon if it has good storage I would get it :) quad. Core tegra 3 with an late radio certified 720p screen. The screen is arguably lay clearer than even the I phone 5 yes I did just say that. It's a bit of a debate but if they do at least 32 or a 64 gig version I'm all in!!

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Inspire aokp ice cold sandwich rom ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351549185389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351549185389.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 55

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm perfectly happy with Att, NY is meh .. but vzw is worse!!! Visiting emsworld in new Orleans and dam LTE and ATT is reliable!:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I had a smartphone on ATT since the original iPhone until last year. Their service was always average where I lived in Colorado Springs with a few well known dead zones. I traveled to the Long Island/NYC area frequently as well as Wisconsin/Chicago from time to time and service in Wisconsin was terrible, almost entirely edge roaming and wasn't reliable at all. Same went for NY except it was their native network and was also incredibly unreliable for me. I moved to Boulder, CO a few years ago and had almost no reception in my house and ATT said they couldn't do anything about it, I switched to Verizon and have never looked back after being fed up with ATT. I have full LTE coverage everywhere in Boulder, Colorado Springs, Illinois and the NYC/Long Island area with reliable data and even more reliable calls. In Wisconsin I at least get reliable 3g roaming now which is better than nothing. I have maybe dropped less than 10 calls on Verizon if that over the last year where ATT I couldn't even count how many but I could predict when it would happen since it happened almost like clockwork.

Obviously my experience won't be the same for everyone, but I travel all over the country and can say that Verizon is much more consistent in the vast majority of locations versus ATT in my personal experience. I'm not a Verizon fanboy or an ATT hater, I would absolutely love to go back to ATT if they got their coverage in order; I've had similar customer service experiences on both as well, maybe a bit better on Verizon so that's never been an issue for me. The reason I would love to go back to ATT is because I much prefer the GSM standard over CDMA+LTE for many reasons, but not enough to sacrifice on coverage, because ATT simply is very bad in the locations I most frequent in my personal experience.

I recommend trying it out before you commit, if the places you spend the most time in have good ATT coverage I would recommend them, since when I had good ATT coverage their call quality and data speeds were excellent, but my problem was the bad spots out numbered the good spots too often.

I have a prepaid ATT sim card that I throw in my Verizon iPhone 5 to test them out for a bit to see if they have improved anything, The signal in my house has seemed to improve a bit, but my data speeds are still less than 1mbps on HSPA+ and no LTE in my area still. When on Verizon LTE I get 12+ on average and on EVDO I get 1.5-2 mbps, which is sad that EVDO beats HSPA+ in my house.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1