Current AT&T users: happy or unhappy?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: current AT&T users. happy? not happy?

I am thinking of switching to att&t and would like some advice of which phone or should get used do I don't sign a two year contract yet because I want to wait to see what phones come out thus yer don't want to get stuck with last year's technology.

Well the HTC one is coming soon and the galaxy s4 will be announced later this month. If you could wait that will be the newest and best but if you can't wait note 2 is awesome and should get the next big android update. I love the note 2

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

The note is to big I have the evo lte so I want something similar.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I live in a small city in NC and have been with AT&T since 02.
We have LTE and it is lovely. Check out my speeds. No complaints!

sent from my AT&T GN2

I'm with u in DL speeds but I'm loving those ul speeds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362916489379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362916489379.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 82

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

I've been with ATT for years. I mostly had a problem with their land line service(yes, I still actually need one of those) so I left. But, as far as wireless, I am happy. No real service issues. Only time I thought i was going to have to make some noise was when I first got my Note and the ATT CS rep, on the phone, and at the store, were confused about me being able to keep the unlimited plan if I were to upgrade. I told them both that, that is pretty much the only reason why I'm still with them.

Anyway, I got my phone upgraded at a non ATT store, they made a note on my account, and I called right before signing the new contract to confirm. I got someone who knew what they were talking about, and I was able to keep my Unlimited plan.

I was mostly annoyed that ATT on the phone at first, nor the store reps knoew anything about the Unlimited Plan carrying over.

That has happened to me before, so I just let the rep know that I can keep my data plan so that there is no confusion. Before my GN2 I would switch phones every few months by just calling to give the imei # before I put my sim card in it. It works! Let them know that you are aware of what you are entitled to as an At&t customer. ;-)

sent from my AT&T GN2

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I just switched to AT&T from Verizon about three months ago. I really wanted to be able to buy the unlocked Nexus devices. So far, I have no complaints. Life has been sweet. HSPA+ Dope's have been good and I haven't really had any dropped calls. AT&T seems to be a lot better this time around than before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Lclm18choir

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

I just switched to AT&T's go phone plan, and I love it on my nexus 4. Great signal and speed. The network is very consistent.

Posted via Android Central App

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I live in north Austin, and get 4-5 bars of HSPA everywhere I go. I usually get 8-10mbps on my Nexus 4, and have gotten as high as 13. When I go to Georgia to visit my mom, it is an entirely different story, as the coverage is much worse in her small town.

Pretty much any carrier is going to be great in some areas, and crap in others, so it really depends on where you need service the most.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm also going to be jumping my Sprint family to AT&T. They appear to have dumped a ton of money into Phoenix so I believe they've probably gone from okay to really good or something. Unlimited data with Sprint becomes less appealing when you realize how slow it is.

And I seriously question all the bad press AT&T gets. It just doesn't add up, if they are as bad as all the "studies" claim then why aren't they dying as a wireless company? I'm guessing the negativity is more focused than most people think. They might be really really bad in only certain areas (like NY) and also possibly only with certain devices (iphone saturation), but be decent to good everywhere else. Because some of those places are really dense though, or there are so many iphone users, that might be skewing the results a ton. The sheer amount of negative press just doesn't add up for the nations second largest carrier. I'd expect them to be in third to last place. Just a thought.

My contract with Sprint is up in May 2014. I'm seriously considering jumping to AT&T. They're a little more expensive, but when you think about it, there's no reason to pay ANYTHING if you're not happy with the service. I switched from Verizon to Sprint 5 years ago and have been happy with that decision. I'll go to T-Mo before I'll go back to Verizon. Nevertheless, I think AT&T is where we're headed as soon as we can. I'm still researching the coverage in Frederick, MD so if anyone can help me on that front, I'd appreciate it. Sprint 3G in that area is really, really, really, S.L.O.W. I think it's really 2G to be honest although they say they've made speed improvements.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm still researching the coverage in Frederick, MD so if anyone can help me on that front, I'd appreciate it.

Coverage Maps | Sensorly has nice user-contributed coverage maps in a lot of areas. It's gathered by people who run an app on their phones, so this is real-world signal data.

It does depend on people running the app on their carrier, so the maps are very incomplete in some areas, but it will give you a decent idea of coverage. The more people run the app, the better the maps are going to get.

AT&T coverage in Frederick, MD is pretty well-represented on their maps. Looks like 4G/LTE is available as near as Urbana, but their 3G (HSPA+, what they call 4G) is pretty reasonable in Frederick itself.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

You know... Your "horrible" throttled speeds are the max speeds I have seen with sprint for months now. For 8 months or so on Sprint I have averaged 150kbps to 200kbps data. Sometimes I can get 300-500kbps at 2-3am in the mornings.

I have a GSIII for work and thats what i get. so sad.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm happy with the performance of AT&T's network in Montgomery Village, MD. Sprint? Not so much. In fact, AT&T has been great pretty much everywhere. Sprint? ...no so much.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm happy with the performance of AT&T's network in Montgomery Village, MD. Sprint? Not so much. In fact, AT&T has been great pretty much everywhere. Sprint? ...no so much.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

At&t has a larger network build out, so naturally you'll experience a wider coverage area versus Sprint. I'm on Sprint and have no issues. However, wouldn't mind jumping to At&t of doing so made sense to me and my family - multiple lines on Sprint makes it hard to jump ship.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site

I left AT&T last month after being with them for almost 4yrs. While I loved my phone service and never had complaints about signals,etc(wish was excellent) my main issue was with their customer service(lack of knowledge). My bill was another issue for many months I noticed my bill totals were always different every month by a few $ wich no rep wether it be over the phone or in the store could explain to me why ....

Sucks because initially I was extremely happy with AT&T these past few years up until the past 6months,if it wasn't for the unexplained charges and constant bill total issues I would still be with them..ticks me off that reps let alone managers at any store I went to could not answer questions that I had.

Last edited:

atistang

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I had sprint for the last 12 years. I finally made the switch to at&t last week. OMG I could not be happier

Posted via Android Central App

Millerarchery

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I had Sprint for 1 1/2 years and had so many reception issues they actually let me out of my contract with no early termination fee, at&t is 100% better in my area.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Great coverage! BUt from this point on whats the point of a contract when you can get the SAME service on GoPhone and spend $30 less? Reps are kinda useful at times but not always. Over all I love the signal though!

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

As of this morning, I'm very happy. Finally bought a data plan; 4GB family share. (I'm the only one who uses data a lot anyway.)

Their 4G LTE is blazing fast.
Screenshot_2013-11-10-11-27-11.png

I've had a few rotten apples in Customer and Tech support, but, hey, they sent me a Galaxy S3 for free, so I can't complain too much.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I was on an ATT family plan. I had series of issues with ATT. First I lost my ability to receive texts. Replaces sim, swapping sims, different phones etc. fixed it but only for a short time. Eventually data went out too which is bad as I rely on Google Maps GPS. I contacted them and they said they would "look at it" in a week. Pretty unacceptable. I was mad went to T-Mobile which was cheaper but not very good. Ended up having to go crawling back to ATT and pay more money than I was paying before. Bottom line you get what you pay for. Didn't try Sprint or Verizon since at the time none of the Nexus/GPE devices worked with them.

Working well now though with LTE almost everywhere and good data speeds. Just wish it wasn't 70+ a month.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

well i've had att for all of 3 days (Nexus 5 ftw), but so far i'm pretty thrilled. they sent me constant feedback about my experience in store, they have blazingly fast speeds at my house, and the coverage thus far is every bit as good as vzw. i'm still bummed about losing unlimited data on vzw, but N5>unlimited data, so yeah

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Another reason i love AT&T:

i called because we went over the data plan of 6gb by about 15mb and got charged $15 for it. I called and apologetically asked if it could be waived since it was the 1st time and was only 15mb. 15MB for $15!?!? The lady kindly said she would credit the next bill. The next bill came and i saw a credit for $80. I don't care if it was on purpose or by mistake, it was friggin awesome!!!

Now if they would just bring back the old school early upgrades!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user