WebOS sim swap to android?

kenkassidy

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
OK, this will get a bit complicated yet it's incredibly simple. Here's the scoop. I moved from Alltel to AT&T when they were bought out. I made the mistake of choosing the Palm pre instead of the Aria because I've been a palm user for the last 15 years. (started with a palm prism back in the day.) I really like my palm pre, however, realistically, the os is going to die. You just cannot compete with android or Icrap.

Now, when they transitioned me to the new service, I had free internet service from my cracked treo. How it occurred, I've yet to figure out, but this transitioned to the new service as a FREE UNLIMITED data plan. I mean FREE UNLIMITED. I on average per month use 30-50Gb's of data tethered to my laptop and it doesn't cost me a penny. This is where it gets complicated. I want to switch to an android phone like for example a Galaxy S II. I know that moving my sim card from the pre to the android will work for phone calls and SMS, yet I'm concerned about doing anything to mess with the data plan. I'm sure they would just love to actually get some money from me for the data I'm using and I'm not willing to allow them the opportunity.

This begs the question, has anyone experienced a sim swap from a pre to any android without any data issues or changes?

I don't mind unlocking the phone or doing any changes that may be needed. Heck, I unlocked the pre 3 minutes after I got it, so I'm sure that this part of it will be easy, I just won't risk this good thing I've got. Any help is appreciated.