Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: AT&T smartphone without purchasing a data plan

You could grab a smartphone without a data plan for AT&T. This method will only work if you have a smartphone that's not listed in their database. When you put the sim card into a phone to activate it. The information is transfer over to AT&T and their system looks at your imei no. to determine if it's a smartphone or not and then will add the data plan accordingly. They probably have a hug database of smartphones in their system. So, the only effective way to get around this is to get a smartphone that is not listed or can't be identify. You could learn more about how to do this at can-you-use-a-smartphone-without-a-data-plan dot com. hope this helps.

You could grab a smartphone without a data plan for AT&T. This method will only work if you have a smartphone that's not listed in their database. When you put the sim card into a phone to activate it. The information is transfer over to AT&T and their system looks at your imei no. to determine if it's a smartphone or not and then will add the data plan accordingly. They probably have a hug database of smartphones in their system. So, the only effective way to get around this is to get a smartphone that is not listed or can't be identify. You could learn more about how to do this at can-you-use-a-smartphone-without-a-data-plan dot com. hope this helps

Just disabling Access Data over Mobile Network should do the trick. If the phone has this feature disabled there is no way ANY wireless carrier can check what kind of phone is connected to. I did it with my new moto G over ATT. I had only cut the regular sim card to converted to mini sim card. I disabled the feature mentioned above BEFORE inserting the sim card. It worked just fine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12