A droid phone idea?

jake8188

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am going to att from sprint. I was planning to bring My own phone do I don't have to use my upgrade. Do any of you guys have an idea of what a decent android phone I could get. I would get it used and no more than $350. Any tips??

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If your going from AT&T to Sprint a AT&T or T-Mobile phone will not work. Sprint, like Verizon, is CDMA which does not use sim cards(only time is for LTE, but is still different from GSM). You'll need a Sprint phone. And I would look at the new evo or the galaxy nexus. For a cheaper off contract phone I'd go either a galaxy s2, photon, or the older evo line. Just look at what's on sprint and decide what works best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You're going from Sprint to AT&T, so you're opening a new AT&T account. I assume you mean you don't want to be on contract when you talk about using an upgrade (not really an upgrade when it's a new account). The Inspire is a good phone that you can get new & unlocked for $250 to $300. I would be wary about buying a used phone unless it's guaranteed to work.

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't the OP get a global phone, such as the HTC EVO Design 4G, from Sprint, unlock it, then use it on ATT? Sure that phone new, out of contract is $399, but you should be able to find it used for less than $350

jake8188

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You can't cause sprint locks it in the us. I will look into the inspire. It just looks so much like the original evo though.