Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Data usage?

What is the average data use for you guys a month?
    bb8830->evo4g->blackberry bold -> htc arrive -> iPhone 4s -> hopefully one x
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well im on sprint so ill say like 4-5 gb a month i stream pandora and Google Music

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Data usage?

I typically use between 2 and 3 GB. Occasionally go over 3. I don't do much streaming, so if I did, it would be quite a bit higher. Never worried about limiting my data use. That's just what I normally use, and I am on unlimited.

Ehhhh im on a 3g data plan and I've never gone over...came close though!!! Im on YouTube a lot so that takes up a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Right now im close to 2gb, which is my normal every month.

Between 4 to 5gb. I'm on unlimited but I stream and use the net all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP with Franco

Close to 3gb. Used to be more but I brought it down after those lovely messages from at&t. I have unlimited.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Usually around 3gb.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

- 13.3 Retina MacBook Pro
    - AT&T LG G2 | AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
    - AT&T Samsung GS4 | AT&T Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Gear
    - AT&T Nokia 1520
    - T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    - LG G Pad 8.3 GPe
    - 16GB Google Nexus 5 | 32GB Google Nexus 7 2013
    - 32GB iPad Air | 16GB iPad Mini Retina

Hello fellow forum members. I am very pleased to join your club. I think we own the best smartphones on the market. I love this phone. I have downloading and enjoying music all day. Dylan's version of "All along the Watchtower" is especially good.

I'm on the 3GB AT&T data plan and I usually average 1.2GB a month. I try really hard to use data but I can't even come close to 2GB, let alone the 3GB limit. I don't know how people do it. Do they not have lives? I'm busy, haha.
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

between 2-3 gb for me

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    I'm on the 3GB AT&T data plan and I usually average 1.2GB a month. I try really hard to use data but I can't even come close to 2GB, let alone the 3GB limit. I don't know how people do it. Do they not have lives? I'm busy, haha.
    Streaming YouTube and netflix eats up data. I have the grandfather unlimited data and use 3-4 GB. First month with netflix I used 7 GB.

I use 1.5gb on average on my galaxy note out of 3gb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    I use 1.5gb on average on my galaxy note out of 3gb.

And this is because i can't do what i would like due to the data caps. No netflix, YouTube etc

I use around 2.5GB out of 3. I luckily have an ICS device and can track my data usage. I would use more if I had a higher limit to stream Google Music more

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    I use around 2.5GB out of 3. I luckily have an ICS device and can track my data usage. I would use more if I had a higher limit to stream Google Music more

U can track usage on any device.

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    U can track usage on any device.

Without a third party applications? And that will disable mobile data when limit is reached?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I think I avg around 1-1.5Gig a month. I was watching my data before I switched to ATT from Sprint! So I lost my Unlimited. But it was worth is in my area.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

i dont know how u guys are staying so low on your data. i came from verizon and rarely went over four now on att im going well above the 5 gig plan limits. i think theres something about the way these phones i have handle data. im also starting to wonder if the third party text messaging application east up data compared to stock. i use go sms btw. im just baffled that mon thru fri 9-5 im on wifi and that outside of work i use up 5 gigs. somethings not right here. i installed juice defender to help turn the radios off when wifi is on so hopefully itll help.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by onlyoneromeo View Post
    i dont know how u guys are staying so low on your data. i came from verizon and rarely went over four now on att im going well above the 5 gig plan limits. i think theres something about the way these phones i have handle data. im also starting to wonder if the third party text messaging application east up data compared to stock. i use go sms btw. im just baffled that mon thru fri 9-5 im on wifi and that outside of work i use up 5 gigs. somethings not right here. i installed juice defender to help turn the radios off when wifi is on so hopefully itll help.
    I saw a built in app that will let you set your data cap. If you go over your set limit it will cut data off for you on your phone. Not sure if its an HTC thing or if all of the Android based phones have it. Its in the settings. Check it out!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

I use usually use all 2gb of my 2gb plan. I'll probably be upgrading to the 5gb plan soon b/c I hate having to limit myself so much. Heck I'm on WiFi mostly and use 15-20gb a month from my cell on that. 5gb data would give a little more freedom. I do miss unlimited, but AT&T screwed me out of that plan during a phone upgrade.

A good data manager app that I use is "My Data Manager".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

i use between 4 and 5 GB a month. I use to use 7+, but I bought a memory card and added a ton of music to my phone. Most of my data usuage before was from Pandora. Now, I use it a lot less thanks to my own music being loaded.

So, I am doing fine with the 5GB cap before throttling by ATT.

Also, I have wifi at home.
    Banned

About 3.5-4gb

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

5-6 occasionally more I've been as high as 15 but that was with an entire art show staff running off the hotspot for 5 days lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

250 mb on my blackberry 9900 350 on my iPhone 4s no wi if at work just home. I have email and twitter with web browsing. I don't watch video on the phone or do much downloading just websites from my twitter links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast