AT&T'ers - N1 or Aria or Galaxy or Wait for ?

What to do?

• Total voters

iViz

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I was going to post this as well. It's either Aria, Nexus, or iPhone. Too bad AT&T won't release a super android phone. BUST. As of right now my vision is heading towards iPhone just because whenever I do purchase Nexus it will be the same price no matter what, I'll take advantage of sale price.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Aria is going to be crippled as well, with the reports of the disabling of side-loading. This dashes the hopes that AT&T was moving in the right direction. I am leaning more and more to a nexus one, or waiting to see what the nexus two looks like.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I think some things are changing very rapidly in the Smartphone industry, and we're going to see some huge leap forwards. I'm kinda leaning toward just getting the Aria so I'm not so invested, and save my money for a hopeful Nexus-2.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
if you like to tweak and dont want to be burdened by carrier bloatware, get the N1. if not, then i guess the galaxy would be the bext thing to wait for

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering bailing for an EVO. I might like N1 but don't have one to compare and worried that the screen won't seem adequate after playing with EVO. And I'm assuming the Samsung will be crippled.

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how the Galaxy/Captivate turns out. If they really do disable/replace the Google services with Yahoo & ATT crapware, I'll pass. Maybe wait for Nexus Two, or might have to give up and go with an iPhone if ATT just refuses to play ball with Android.

Last edited:

wibbic

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
For me, the choice was simple. All the videos and reviews I saw while I was researching a new phone convinced me that I wanted HTC (and the Sense UI), and I'm on AT&T. So, it was Aria all the way.

So far, I've been very happy. It would be cool if I could turn Sense on and off, though, just so I could see how the "other half" lives. And, it will be cool to be able to sideload apps when I decide to root my device. That'll be after I get tired of Sense (or at least, more familiar with it) and I get adventurous enough. l can wait a while before exploring that territory. For right now, the quantum leap from my old Nokia (Symbian OS) has been big enough to keep me occupied!

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
For right now, the quantum leap from my old Nokia (Symbian OS) has been big enough to keep me occupied!

That is what tipped the scales for me as well. When I was researching my first HDTV, I debated over whether to go 1080i or 1080p. Someone finally gave me the great advice of saying that the huge leap from SD to HD was enough to WOW you, so the small step from 1080i to 1080p was not going to be noticed by someone used to SD. For me, the same holds true here. I have no experience with modern smartphones (came from a Treo 680), so anything is way beyond my expectations. Plus, the Aria is free in some places, and I can ignore the other shortcomings since I don't have a lot invested in it.