Does anybody know whem att will establish LTE in Philadelphia???

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering because I currently have Sprint and it sucks, I was going to switch to Verizon but they have those share everything plans that I don't like. I'm looking to switch when the new iPhone comes out.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering because I currently have Sprint and it sucks, I was going to switch to Verizon but they have those share everything plans that I don't like. I'm looking to switch when the new iPhone comes out.

I would say if you are looking to switch go with AT&T. I had Sprint for 18 years and it was a nightmare for the past 5 years. Mt folks have Verizon and they hate em. Network is constantly down. Don't know when you will see LTE but I assume it will be around the same time as Milwaukee which is coming in the fall or sooner and Philly is another heavily populated area. HSPA is a nice network as well I see speeds up to 8 mbps download and 2.5 upload. You will never see those speeds with Sprint and if Verizon LTE network goes down their CDMA network is worse than Sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I would say if you are looking to switch go with AT&T. I had Sprint for 18 years and it was a nightmare for the past 5 years. Mt folks have Verizon and they hate em. Network is constantly down. Don't know when you will see LTE but I assume it will be around the same time as Milwaukee which is coming in the fall or sooner and Philly is another heavily populated area. HSPA is a nice network as well I see speeds up to 8 mbps download and 2.5 upload. You will never see those speeds with Sprint and if Verizon LTE network goes down their CDMA network is worse than Sprint.

Yeah ill be switching to att, Tmobile isnt even an option and with att you get service in the subway in Philadelphia.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ill be switching to att, Tmobile isnt even an option and with att you get service in the subway in Philadelphia.

Yeah I get a signal in the subway in Chicago too. My friend who has t mobile couldn't get a signal in the subway or at the baseball game while I was surfing LTE network. It was awesome can't wait till milwaukee is finished

eyemumforfun

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does anybody know whem att will establish LTE in Philadelphia

Outside of Philly in Drexel Hill...my Galaxy SIII was acting up, so I rebooted - BAM, I was up on LTE! Testing or is this the real deal?

BBurg_16827

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Yesterday, I noticed my 4g turn into 4g lte. I tested the speed in my house and got 11 Mbps. I tested again outdoors on Washington ave in south Philly and got 31 Mbps. Although I tried to find official word that lte is active in Philadelphia and found nothing.

LadyRapunzel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I work in north Wilmington but live near West Chester. I have yet to see anything while at my house, but today at work I kept seeing the LTE icon flash on. Just a few times, and just for a few seconds at a time, but it's something!

eyemumforfun

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

BBurg...funny you bring up Washington Ave...I was at Wash and Delaware Ave and my LTE Speeds hit 37 MBPS...must have been directly under a tower I guess. I am still getting LTE speeds all the way from Bridesburg to Drexel Hill...so, maybe it is extended testing or it is on full time now. It's good though..!!

LadyRapunzel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I have also noticed that I am getting pretty solid LTE while at grad school in University City. That's been for two weeks now.

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got an LTE device two days ago and can confirm att LTE coverage in Philadelphia from KOP to south Philly. Yesterday I was getting speeds up to 44 megabits and right now I'm getting a 30 megabit connection.

Still not true 4G speeds or even the max that LTE can do, but it still doubles my comcast connection speeds =) which is awesome

Sent from my LT28at using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349174269632.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349174269632.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349174291550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349174291550.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member