Banned

Default New At&t shared plans

Just announced thoughts?

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

It's going to save me a chunk, even without figuring in my FAN discount on the new plan. Even better if I still get the discount.

But, I have 4 smartphone, 1 basic, and a data card on my account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Yeah likewise i have two smartphones and it will only cost me 180 instead of 220ish

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

We'll see how this turns out. With the CEO saying he will charge for everything until he can get away with it, I am sure the devil is in the details. Why would be publicly say that he is going to be dimeing on charged for Face time on 3G orcellular. What's he got planned for Android users?

Mike
    Last edited by mclarryjr; 07-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default Re: New At&t shared plans

I have two phones. One grandfathered in under unlimited. The other is a secondary backup phone I generally use only for recreational/exercise activities like bike rides and runs that I don't want to take my bulkier large main phone. The secondary phone is on a 200MB 200 text plan. I'm paying 145-150 with taxes now. If I switch to a 4GB plan for two phones, it would be 150 before taxes. But I'm considering switching. I don't think I ever get close to 2GB even now with the phone I have on the unlimited plan. But I have to be careful with the secondary phone. Switching would give me more flexibility on the secondary phone and having tethering would be a nice backup to the home internet connection.

These plan suck for most people. I currently pay $70 for 450 min and 3gb of data. I tethered to an iPad this month and went over by 2gb, which is $20. New plan overage is $15 per GB. There is no reason for the price increase.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    These plan suck for most people. I currently pay $70 for 450 min and 3gb of data. I tethered to an iPad this month and went over by 2gb, which is $20. New plan overage is $15 per GB. There is no reason for the price increase.

I do belive you get unlimited talk and text with the new plans. Not sure if they are also doing the free hotspot feature like Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedHTC View Post
    I do belive you get unlimited talk and text with the new plans. Not sure if they are also doing the free hotspot feature like Verizon.
    What if you do not need it? You are forced to pay for what you do not use. I dont need unlimited minutes or text. Rather they had that option.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedHTC View Post
    Hotspot should have always been free.

Hot spot is included. Minutes and text are unlimited to make the plans look as good as possible. These services are nonlinear "premium" for people and data is what is costing the carriers the big money. They are spending billions to build out LTE networks. They want to make back that money somewhere

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    Hot spot is included. Minutes and text are unlimited to make the plans look as good as possible. These services are nonlinear "premium" for people and data is what is costing the carriers the big money. They are spending billions to build out LTE networks. They want to make back that money somewhere

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    They are making money, year after year. This price increase was not necessary for them to keep making money.

The nice thing is unlike Verizon at&t is keeping the old plans as well.
    Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB

Looks like it will cost more money for my plan with the new structure. I have one grandfathered unlimited line, one 200mb line and 2 dumb phones. The monthly charge for the dumb phones will triple which is ridiculous.

I'm really confused about these plans. Not sure how it works for dumbphones. I have a family plan with 2 smartphones, both on 200MB & 3 dumbphones, one on Unlimited data & the other 2 with no data. My bill comes to about $185 a month right now. What would it be if I switched to the lowest of the shared plans? Are the dumbphones the same price as the smartphones? Sorry to sound stupid, but I'm confused.

I'm one of the few that will save money. I pay $160 for 2 smartphones, 1400 mins unl text, 2gb and 200mb data.

With the new plans it's $150 and I get more data and tethering. Score!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Never mind. I figured it out. Duh. $30 for each dumbphone. I would actually save $$ by switching. I'd go from $185 to $175. Actually, it'll be about the same after taxes and I'll go from 200MB data each smartphone to 1GB shared which is more data than I have now. Also, all the dumbphones will now have data. Not bad at all.
    Last edited by amylyn1970; 07-28-2012 at 09:14 AM.

We have not gone through our trainings on the plans yet but from what I have seen it does look promising. Depending on how your account and plan is currently set up it could save you money per month or give you a better overall deal and bang for your buck. And to top it off. Att will not force you into these plans. That's a good added bonus.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    We have not gone through our trainings on the plans yet but from what I have seen it does look promising. Depending on how your account and plan is currently set up it could save you money per month or give you a better overall deal and bang for your buck. And to top it off. Att will not force you into these plans. That's a good added bonus.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Any idea how my corp discount will work?

Right now I get 30% off the base plan of $90. Not unlimited texting and data.

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Any idea how my corp discount will work?

Right now I get 30% off the base plan of $90. Not unlimited texting and data.

That's a question I have been trying to find an answer for. Once I do I will post it here.

Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by:
    erwaso 

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    That's a question I have been trying to find an answer for. Once I do I will post it here.

Thanks Sir

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Thanks Sir

I found a tentative answer and created a thread discussing it.

Mobile share discounts
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm on a Sprint family plan: 1500 anytime, unlimited text/data. $129.99+$10 x2 for smartphones = $149.99. With the new ATT plans, I can get unlimited text, voice and 4GB to share with 2 smartphones for the same price. I loose "unlimited" data, but with Sprints speeds (no wimax/LTE in my area), surfing is a chore and we don't get anywhere near 4GB/month. Also, looks like ATT just lit up LTE in my area and even their faux-G sounds like like a vast improvement over Sprint. Finally, I found out we get discounts on ATT thru work... we'll see how that works with these new plans. I'm seeing a new carrier in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by jimijames8050 View Post
    I'm on a Sprint family plan: 1500 anytime, unlimited text/data. $129.99+$10 x2 for smartphones = $149.99. With the new ATT plans, I can get unlimited text, voice and 4GB to share with 2 smartphones for the same price. I loose "unlimited" data, but with Sprints speeds (no wimax/LTE in my area), surfing is a chore and we don't get anywhere near 4GB/month. Also, looks like ATT just lit up LTE in my area and even their faux-G sounds like like a vast improvement over Sprint. Finally, I found out we get discounts on ATT thru work... we'll see how that works with these new plans. I'm seeing a new carrier in my future.
    Don't forget tethering is included!

Sent from my HTC One X