New ATT tethering policy and grandfathered unlimited plans

zwaaa

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am running cyanogenmod 7.2 (and as a side note..you should all be running cyanogenmod 7.2 :) )

My understanding is that with the recent Verizon ruling that ATT has softened on tethering, making it part of the new data plans.

Can grandfathered users on "unlimited"(*) plans also tether now, or will this be yet another lever to pop grandfathered users off the unlimited plans?

Thanks in advance....

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It will allow for tethering. But only on the new plans. Not on current plans or grandfathered plans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It will allow for tethering. But only on the new plans. Not on current plans or grandfathered plans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Meaning my 2 year contract that I signed 3 months ago will not allow me to have free tethering with my 3gigs of data?

Thats pretty lame. Oh well!

doral479

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the unlimited plan grand fathered in and I can't have tethering... I found foxfi on the play store and it and I'm able to turn my phone to a wifi hotspot without changing my plan and it works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the unlimited plan grand fathered in and I can't have tethering... I found foxfi on the play store and it and I'm able to turn my phone to a wifi hotspot without changing my plan and it works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Sadly it has issue with the S3 currently. I think they will be fixing it soon!

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Is AT&T still aggressively going after unpaid tethers? I know of several who were kicked off last year for tethering on their unlimited plans. Got a letter from AT&T saying that since they wanted to tether they were now switched to a tiered plan with tethering, since they were in violation of the terms of their unlimited agreement.

Sargeant002

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can change plans. Another thing to check is if you get a work discount? The account has to be in the workers name mins you. If you don't have one setup it doesn't hurt to check.

Brian

Sent with my at&t SGSIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool