Any worry that AT&T won't allow Froyo due to tethering?

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
If you look at what has been posted about the 2.2 rom of the droid floating around saying not to use the thethering app the comes with 2.2. I would say it is still save to say it will come. They will just do like Verizon is and make you sign up to use it as well as the hot spot. When google announced those features they said it would be carrier based.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What about using PDAnet to tether? It is very easy to get from the market(just take out the ATT sim and download using wifi). That should avoid any restrictions by ATT.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
What about using PDAnet to tether? It is very easy to get from the market(just take out the ATT sim and download using wifi). That should avoid any restrictions by ATT.
Have you done this (take the sim out to download)? I hear people talk about it but I've never seen anyone officially say it is possible.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No. I don't have the phone yet. I've only read on the forums about it being possible.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I keep hearing that it is possible, but I don't see any proof that it is possible. You'd think, if it were possible, someone would have a video of it up on a website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith