Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Thinking about At&t

Att for me has been great! I have had them now for about 5-6 months. No real issues and CS seems good too. My local corp store is awesome too. Again I have not dealt with them to much. But I see that as a good thing. See if their plans fit within your budget and if it does give them a try!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Att for me has been great! I have had them now for about 5-6 months. No real issues and CS seems good too. My local corp store is awesome too. Again I have not dealt with them to much. But I see that as a good thing. See if their plans fit within your budget and if it does give them a try!
    Yeah sounds good. They were getting a lot of flack at one point for dropped calls and such but they have made lots of improvements according to the map in the DC area. Plan wouod be about 25 bucks more a month but with solid hspa+ and lte in my area I think I will give it a go. Just waiting for the note 2 announcement. I have grown tired of sprints network and I have lost just about all my patience.

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    Yeah sounds good. They were getting a lot of flack at one point for dropped calls and such but they have made lots of improvements according to the map in the DC area. Plan wouod be about 25 bucks more a month but with solid hspa+ and lte in my area I think I will give it a go. Just waiting for the note 2 announcement. I have grown tired of sprints network and I have lost just about all my patience.

I dont blame you! I left Sprint as well. The later network is junk. Plus att is only $10 more a month for me with my plan. I got 450 minutes, 3 gigs of data and unlimited text. With a 15% savings from work it comes out to be $97.35 a month in Vermont. We only have HSPA+ (Averaging about 6meg down) with no LTE currently. Only Verizon has LTE but I don't like Verizon. I Will stick with GSM! Plus my connection works when I need it too! Coverage for me is awesome.

CJ

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

With any carrier ups and downs they do lie about speeds but they are decent depending on your coverage area its all up to you but there OK there stengy about data (nightmare) but other than that it should be fine (I hope) expect to pay more than sprint those but with at&t if you vet unlimited text with the 500 min plan you can talk to other carriers for free so expect a bill around 150
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    I dont blame you! I left Sprint as well. The later network is junk. Plus att is only $10 more a month for me with my plan. I got 450 minutes, 3 gigs of data and unlimited text. With a 15% savings from work it comes out to be $97.35 a month in Vermont. We only have HSPA+ (Averaging about 6meg down) with no LTE currently. Only Verizon has LTE but I don't like Verizon. I Will stick with GSM! Plus my connection works when I need it too! Coverage for me is awesome.

CJ
    Yeah, my confidence in sprint has been shattered over the last few years. I'm just patiently waiting for some GN2 news and I will be on my way to At&t......Hello LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Diordna11 View Post
    My three children are on ATT with iPhone 4's and they drop calls at an alarming rate. They constantly have problems sending and receiving pictures as well.
    There's your trouble. AT&T's network was the scapegoat for Apple poor antenna design.

They've been my carrier of choice her in San Antonio for ten years.

get yourself a Nexus 7. you can thank me later.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32

I've never been on Sprint, but I have had service from Verizon Worthless, AT&T and T-Mobile and I had the best coverage and quality of coverage with AT&T of all the carriers. I was the happiest with AT&T, the unhappiest (as in very unhappy) with Verizon and T-Mobile was simply ok. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.0 Stock

Are there any DC users in this thread?? Want to find out what your experiences are with At&t in the DC/MD area?

I just switched over to StraightTalk (with an AT&T-compatible SIM), so my coverage is the same as AT&T's. Coverage has been pretty good (about the same as Sprint's in the places I frequent). I don't get 4G/LTE with StraightTalk, but it hasn't mattered. The 3G speed (HSPA+) has been at least 5 times faster than 3G on Sprint, so no complaints.

The big plus is $45/month unlimited. I don't abuse the data, so I haven't had any problems with the terms of service. My data use is unchanged from what I did on Sprint (about 1-2 GB/month). The rest of the time, I'm on WiFi.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    I've never been on Sprint, but I have had service from Verizon Worthless, AT&T and T-Mobile and I had the best coverage and quality of coverage with AT&T of all the carriers. I was the happiest with AT&T, the unhappiest (as in very unhappy) with Verizon and T-Mobile was simply ok. Hope this helps.
    It did....Thanks. I am waiting for some GN2 news and then will be on my way

---------- Post Merged at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I just switched over to StraightTalk (with an AT&T-compatible SIM), so my coverage is the same as AT&T's. Coverage has been pretty good (about the same as Sprint's in the places I frequent). I don't get 4G/LTE with StraightTalk, but it hasn't mattered. The 3G speed (HSPA+) has been at least 5 times faster than 3G on Sprint, so no complaints.

The big plus is $45/month unlimited. I don't abuse the data, so I haven't had any problems with the terms of service. My data use is unchanged from what I did on Sprint (about 1-2 GB/month). The rest of the time, I'm on WiFi.
    Good plus I found out that I have 30 days to try the service out before I am locked in to a contract so that is another plus..........

I switched to att from sprint because service had been terrible since there trying to upgrade lte. Could not go more than a minute or two without the call dropping. Thus started in august and everytime we called they just kept pushing back the completion date. Pretty much anyone else will be higher in cost but you need service. :-). So far att service has been good, would've preferred verizon but the hubby was stuck on the note lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore6802 View Post
    I switched to att from sprint because service had been terrible since there trying to upgrade lte. Could not go more than a minute or two without the call dropping. Thus started in august and everytime we called they just kept pushing back the completion date. Pretty much anyone else will be higher in cost but you need service. :-). So far att service has been good, would've preferred verizon but the hubby was stuck on the note lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, Im willing to pay 20-25 bucks a more a month for solid 3g and lte service in my area. The completion date for my area has been pushed back again and I cannot deal with the 200 kbps dwn anymore. Now i need to sell my sprint gs3 so i can gt the note 2 on att when it drops

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Its getting close......Samsung announcement in nyc on 10/24 could mean the note 2 is near!! After another day of 0.80 kbps down on sprint, it cant come soon enough!!

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well att sucks in my area and Verizon is so so. I get wimax everywhere in Chicago even indoors

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Well att sucks in my area and Verizon is so so. I get wimax everywhere in Chicago even indoors http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/28/aramanyp.jpg

Must be nice but with these speeds what good is unlimited data with no throtting, caps or overages??? At&t is great in the DC area. Im tired of sprint :banghead:

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Ewwwww

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Must be nice but with these speeds what good is unlimited data with no throtting, caps or overages??? At&t is great in the DC area. Im tired of sprint :banghead:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/28/utaqutyr.jpg

Lame! I say get a new carrier! ATT is great in Vermont with HSPA+! 6Meg down and about 2 up. See what your friends are getting! This is why I left Sprint 5-6 months ago.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Yeah, now you see what I have been dealing
    with. Just cant deal with it any longer.

HSPA+ is ok but, Check out This Att LTE screenshot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about At&t-uploadfromtaptalk1349126809271.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by bobobeans View Post

Lucky you! I only have HSPA+. But I am ok with that! LTE would just kill more of my battery right now! 6Megs down is more than enough in todays world! Either way I wish it was an option but its not a selling point. Still....*jealous*!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by bobobeans View Post

That is just sick

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

With the news of the HTC one X plus today and the GN 2 around the corner I need some solid release dates so I can decide who I wilo give my $$$ too. C'mon already

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I just can't c myself going to att again ANY TIME soon att sucks in Chicago compared to vzw and sprint esp in my area I just can't c capped AND shared data naw I'm good lol

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I just can't c myself going to att again ANY TIME soon att sucks in Chicago compared to vzw and sprint esp in my area I just can't c capped AND shared data naw I'm good lol

Lol...I hear ya. I guess I feel the exact same way about sprint in the DC area. What good is all of these high power phones dropping on sprint with sloooooow 3G and 20-25% completion in newly released lte markets?? Sprint is just not delivering

Default Thinking about At&t

I am sorry if that has already been answered but I did not read the entire thread...

If I bring my own device (iPhone 5 from Verizon...) to AT&T to try it out, do still have to sign a contract with them or can I just go monthly? I have looked at their website and it seems as if they require a contract even if you already have a phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: yes I know the Verizon Five will not pick up AT&Ts LTE signal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Default Thinking about At&t

Got time to check for an answer. Things slow in android central tonight's.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast