Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
09-10-2012 03:03 PM
88 replies
Like Tree1Likes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: Thinking about At&t

U would have to get a new phone bro

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

Default Thinking about At&t

Why a new phone if I have one that will work on AT&T?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I am sorry if that has already been answered but I did not read the entire thread...

If I bring my own device (iPhone 5 from Verizon...) to AT&T to try it out, do still have to sign a contract with them or can I just go monthly? I have looked at their website and it seems as if they require a contract even if you already have a phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: yes I know the Verizon Five will not pick up AT&Ts LTE signal.

You can go month to month. No contract needed. However they will still check your credit in order to open a line of service. But you can use an upgrade whenever you would like to.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I didnt know a vzw iphone would work with att. Since when

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

The iPhone 5 is factory unlocked. It is capable of using AT&T or T Mobile SIM card. Several Verizon phones can. The Rezound can right out of the box. Last I knew there were data problems and texting difficulties, but you could make and receive phone calls.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

My thread is being hijacked.....Lol. cmon gve me some gn2 news!!

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

You're right, my apologies!!! :-)

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

You're right, my apologies!!! :-)

Lol. Jus kidding. Are you thinking of switching to att also or are u with them already

I am a looooong time Verizon customer. Where I work the signal is killing me. I am ten feet from the edge of a building, but cannot get signal. If I walk out the door ten feet away, I jump to four bars of LTE. My friends with AT&T seem to have no problem. So I was thinking of getting AT&T sim for the periods I have to work in that building. Our jobs rotate so I am not always in there. I figure when I have to spend a month or two in there, I can put AT&T sim in the iPhone 5 and re activate my iPhone 4 on my Verizon number.

More than anything, I am just thinking out loud. I will stay with Verizon as long as my wife and I can keep unlimited data. Once we lose that, I'll go prepaid gsm somewhere.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Ahhhh, I see. I am in a totally different boat. Im just looking to dump sprint. Cant deal with their abysmall speeds and spotty 3g and non exsistent 4g promises anymore. I am willing to pay more for good service. My contract with sprint ends today and I would rather go gsm than cdma again.

Yeah, If I were ever to leave Verizon, it will be gsm from there on for sure.

Carrier
    Stock

I am sorry if that has already been answered but I did not read the entire thread...

If I bring my own device (iPhone 5 from Verizon...) to AT&T to try it out, do still have to sign a contract with them or can I just go monthly? I have looked at their website and it seems as if they require a contract even if you already have a phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: yes I know the Verizon Five will not pick up AT&Ts LTE signal.

Yes, any GSM-capable phone can be used on AT&T, and if it's unlocked and you bring your own device, you can go month-to-month with no contract. At least i believe that is still the case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

You can go month to month if you bring your own phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

If for whatever reason I dont decide to get the gn2 (Size maybe) what other phones would you guys/gals recommend. I plan on spending alot of time with the gn2 once it arrives but size is a small but main concern. I have the gs3 on sprint now but would be open to other phones/manufacters, even international phones that work on att bands. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    If for whatever reason I dont decide to get the gn2 (Size maybe) what other phones would you guys/gals recommend. I plan on spending alot of time with the gn2 once it arrives but size is a small but main concern. I have the gs3 on sprint now but would be open to other phones/manufacters, even international phones that work on att bands. Any ideas?

If you like Sammy devices then I'd stick with the S3 on att if the GN2 is to big for you.

Hey, I am strongly cosidering leaving sprint to join At&t. I use about 3 gigs of data a month (hard to believe on sprints 3g network) lol but have grown frustrated with spotty service, dropped calls and slooow 3G. What are the pro's/con's to At&t. Any HELPFUL info would be appreciated. Btw im in the DC metro area. Thanks

Ive had both Sprint and ATT.

Living in the Bay Area, the only advantage of AT&T is that I didnt have dropped calls. In terms of the DATA, ATT service is just as slow and coverage sucks just as much as Sprint. Just my .02
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Well thats not too encouraging. I heard At&t was pretty good now considering their dropped call problems of years back. Sucks they just changed their try out policy from 30 to 14 days but thats still enough time for me to work the hell out their service to real world test it. I have to make a decision on what I am going to do and make it soon

Ahhhh, I see. I am in a totally different boat. Im just looking to dump sprint. Cant deal with their abysmall speeds and spotty 3g and non exsistent 4g promises anymore. I am willing to pay more for good service. My contract with sprint ends today and I would rather go gsm than cdma again.

You get what you pay for. Before I switched to att, I had Verizon for 5 years. It was expensive but worth it in los Angeles and from what I see with others, worth it in Denver too.

Before the shared plans I saved over $30/mo with AT&T for the same exact plan which was my main reason for switching. Quality had been just a tad below Verizon but has gotten better. And once I get LTE I'll be happier than ever.

I have sprint through work and I'm sick of dropping calls on clients. Our branch in los Angeles had the same issues. It's stupid.

Make the switch.

Sent from my HTC One X
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    You get what you pay for. Before I switched to att, I had Verizon for 5 years. It was expensive but worth it in los Angeles and from what I see with others, worth it in Denver too.

Before the shared plans I saved over $30/mo with AT&T for the same exact plan which was my main reason for switching. Quality had been just a tad below Verizon but has gotten better. And once I get LTE I'll be happier than ever.

I have sprint through work and I'm sick of dropping calls on clients. Our branch in los Angeles had the same issues. It's stupid.

Make the switch.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Lol. I hear what your saying. I have the gs3 on sprint so I am familiar with samsung devices. I see you have the one x from htc. How do you like it compared to the gs3?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Ive had both Sprint and ATT.

Living in the Bay Area, the only advantage of AT&T is that I didnt have dropped calls. In terms of the DATA, ATT service is just as slow and coverage sucks just as much as Sprint. Just my .02
    I was in Oakland, Vallejo, sac and the city in July. My HOX got excellent data all over and LTE in Oakland, bay bridge and the city. Maybe you got a bad handset?

Sent from my HTC One X
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Well after playing with a note 2 yesterday for about an hr, I have decided its not for me. Awesome device, spen, features and screen but the size is just too big for me for everyday use. So now im back to the drawing board because I still wanna ditch sprint and join att. I mist first sell my sprint gs3 and either buy an att gs3 outright, used or gt another phone all together to avoid signing a two yr agreement. Any ideas? My wife is not happy with me right now. Lol :o

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Well after playing with a note 2 yesterday for about an hr, I have decided its not for me. Awesome device, spen, features and screen but the size is just too big for me for everyday use. So now im back to the drawing board because I still wanna ditch sprint and join att. I mist first sell my sprint gs3 and either buy an att gs3 outright, used or gt another phone all together to avoid signing a two yr agreement. Any ideas? My wife is not happy with me right now. Lol :o

Get an S3 used or new from att ($550 new I think) or wait until Monday rolls around...The new Nexus will be out by then! (Crossing fingers!) I personally will be sticking with my S3 as I am happy with it.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Get an S3 used or new from att ($550 new I think) or wait until Monday rolls around...The new Nexus will be out by then! (Crossing fingers!) I personally will be sticking with my S3 as I am happy with it.
    Yeah I love the S3, just not sprint. Lol. Im checking all the back channels as well, ebay, craigslist, etc. I forgot about the 29th so I may wait a few days just to see whats in store. Thanx for the reminder. If all else fails once I sell my sprint gs3 that should cover the cost of another s3 on att but I will prolly take a 100-150 dollar hit. Worth it to be done with sprint though

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Yeah I love the S3, just not sprint. Lol. Im checking all the back channels as well, ebay, craigslist, etc. I forgot about the 29th so I may wait a few days just to see whats in store. Thanx for the reminder. If all else fails once I sell my sprint gs3 that should cover the cost of another s3 on att but I will prolly take a 100-150 dollar hit. Worth it to be done with sprint though

I agree with you 100%! I left Sprint 6-7 months ago and love att so far. Great speeds on HSPA+ and pretty good coverage.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

I dont care about the "Unlimited data" anymore. I use about 2-4 gigs a month so not a heavy data user. What good is unlimited data when the data speeds are just crap?? I would rather pay for a service I can use. Would you mind if I pm'd u a question?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about At&t-uploadfromtaptalk1351296233082.jpg   Thinking about At&t-uploadfromtaptalk1351296259682.jpg  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast